Bring Back The Printer-friendly Map!

whistler & co.

Yes, we are hopelessly old-fashioned. We admit it...we still use printouts on our caching adventures. Is there anyone else out there who misses having a map at the top of the printer-friendly version of the cache page? I noticed that the old map appears very briefly in its accustomed position when the printer-friendly page loads, but then it disappears. The map that is positioned on the bottom of the page usually results in two sheets of print for each cache, and that's a lot of wasted paper.

Yes, I liked the printer friendly map...to avoid using 2 pieces of paper, just set your printer preferences to print 2 pages on piece of paper. The font is like an 8 or smaller, but it will all be there.

BUT, i still liked the map when it was on the top of the page...I also liked the mapquest better, google doesn't show counties, and not all bodies of water and land marks. Perhaps they will add those things in time.

Edited by Polgara

It never occurred to me to do that (set it to print two pages on one sheet)! :anitongue:

Thanks!

I liked the old maps better because I noticed the Google maps are showing the names of the townships (rather than towns or villages), and if you're caching in an unfamiliar area, that doesn't help at all.