Sunrise Xp

Can someone point me to a website that shows me how to use Sunrise XP for geocaching?

I want to use it on my pc instead of plucker(which is locking up) and read it on my plam TX with the plucker reader.

I have Sunrise XP loaded and have a blank box but don't know how to get it to read my already spun .gpx file.

Thanks,

David

Read your GPX file into GSAK and then export as HTML (just like you would do with Plucker). Then run SunriseXP and give it the index.html file as the starting point for your Sunrise run. The resulting PDB file can then be downloaded to your handheld just like you did with Plucker and read using the Plucker reader (you still user the plucker reader on the handheld).

Can someone point me to a website that shows me how to use Sunrise XP for geocaching?

I want to use it on my pc instead of plucker(which is locking up) and read it on my plam TX with the plucker reader.

I have Sunrise XP loaded and have a blank box but don't know how to get it to read my already spun .gpx file.

Thanks,

David

Here are settings that work for me. YRMV.

Right click on the blank box and select new. That will bring up the dialogue box to make your file.

Main Tab:

5ebc7ee3-f1b1-4968-8dbe-bd1454ba5be1.jpg

Output Tab:

6ef68a34-2623-453b-96b1-19e9ccff93a6.jpg

I left the feed and advanced tabs at the default values.

I should have added, after you fill in the information, click OK.

In the main box, highlight the file you wish to update and click the "update" button, OR right click on the file and click "update". This will output the Plucker file for the Palm and it will be installed at the next hotsync.

aa15c936-86ce-4578-9f0c-bb94af5c40c8.jpg

Edited by Klatch

Yes thanks for pointing this out. This much better than the plucker desktop. I like how it lods the photos that sometimers you need.

Somehow I ended up downloading and installing what I think is an older version as it was Sunrise Desktop and I had some problems with it. When I installed Sunerise XP, it worked perfectly.

Here is the right sight to get it:

http://www.sunrisexp.com/

Thanks again.

Maps? Photos? I can't get them onto my PalmZ22, am I missing something? (Wouldn't be the first time.)

I get PQs, use GSAk, then SunriseXP as described above, then hot sync them to the Palm & view them in Plucker. I do see links in some places where images should be but they lead "nowhere", images and/or maps are not loaded onto the PDA. Any idea which step(s) I'm not getting?

Maps? Photos? I can't get them onto my PalmZ22, am I missing something? (Wouldn't be the first time.)

I get PQs, use GSAk, then SunriseXP as described above, then hot sync them to the Palm & view them in Plucker. I do see links in some places where images should be but they lead "nowhere", images and/or maps are not loaded onto the PDA. Any idea which step(s) I'm not getting?

On the 'Output tab' make sure include images is checked. Also play with the pixel size.

300 x 300 or I've used 150 x 150 with success.

I'm still having trouble getting a good map to show up. I think its a PQ issue from Groundspeak with the info they are providing. I'm going to keep playing around with it and see what happens.

On the 'Output tab' make sure include images is checked. Also play with the pixel size.

I'm still having trouble getting a good map to show up. I think its a PQ issue from Groundspeak with the info they are providing. I'm going to keep playing around with it and see what happens.

Thanks, but I'm still lost.

Which "output " tab? Do you mean the "main" tab in SunriseXP? I'm afraid I'm still not getting it, images are not in the html file generated by GSAK, can't see them on the PDA or on my computer, they don't seem to be downloading.

Which "output " tab? Do you mean the "main" tab in SunriseXP? I'm afraid I'm still not getting it, images are not in the html file generated by GSAK, can't see them on the PDA or on my computer, they don't seem to be downloading.

I don't use GSAK so I can't help you there. Sounds like there is a setting in GSAK you have turn off. Maybe someone else that uses it can help you.

I don't use GSAK so I can't help you there. Sounds like there is a setting in GSAK you have turn off. Maybe someone else that uses it can help you.

Seems like that must be it, I'll keep plugging at it. Thanks again.

I recently downloaded Sunrise XP and I have a PQ all spun and ready for Sunrise to process, but when I click ok I get the message that Sunrise has encountered a problem and must shut down. Then it shuts down. :D Has anyone else had this experience and how can I fix it?

I just downloaded and installed Sunrise XP. I spun a PQ using Spinner. I then pointed Sunrise XP to the index.htm file, set all the options I wanted, and BAM. I got the same error message and shutdown as you.

[Edit]

In messing with it I find that, if I set the language to English, it bombs.

Edited by Thrak

I recently downloaded Sunrise XP and I have a PQ all spun and ready for Sunrise to process, but when I click ok I get the message that Sunrise has encountered a problem and must shut down. Then it shuts down. :D Has anyone else had this experience and how can I fix it?

Try using the settings in the posts at the top of this thread. I used those and I have never had any trouble with sunrise.

I use 300x300 for my images.

Let us know if it works any better.

Try using the settings in the posts at the top of this thread. I used those and I have never had any trouble with sunrise.

I use 300x300 for my images.

Let us know if it works any better.

It bombs every time for me if I set the language to English................