Google Earth Kml Question?

Okay, I just downloaded the Google Earth KML that lets you see GeoCaches. I see a counter that says "you have 80 views left today" that counts down every time i pan the screen a large distance, or the connection resets. what happens when the counter hits zero? does it stop working? does windows crash and send me to the Blue Screen of Death? Does Google send a squad of goons from their top secret compound in California? :laughing:

The limit is actually a Geocaching.com limit not a Google limit. You can change the refresh parameters for the KML file. Right click on the Geocaching Network KML file and select edit. In the edit dialog, check the Refresh Parameter checkbox. You can change the time after camera stop on View-Based Refresh to make it update less often - or even better change it to refresh on request only. Now it won't automatically update the caches, you have to select refresh each time. This way 200 refreshes a day should be more than enough.

The limit is actually a Geocaching.com limit not a Google limit. You can change the refresh parameters for the KML file. Right click on the Geocaching Network KML file and select edit. In the edit dialog, check the Refresh Parameter checkbox. You can change the time after camera stop on View-Based Refresh to make it update less often - or even better change it to refresh on request only. Now it won't automatically update the caches, you have to select refresh each time. This way 200 refreshes a day should be more than enough.

:huh: i did that, thanks for the tip! :ph34r:

Personally, I've never ran out of 'views', or even ran down under 100, but then I only check out my immediate area. The limit is probably just to save bandwidth, but it seems to me that they give ya plenty enough views/day to check out your immediate area, and then some.

AFAIK no goons will come, and your thumbs WON'T be broken.