Micro-event (or Nano-event)

nfa

I would love to attend a Mega-Event sometime, but am not sure if there will ever be one within driving distance, so I came up with an idea that will work well for me...I hope that TPTB can add it to the cache-types with minimal trouble.

A Micro-Event (or Nano-Event, I don't really care which you name it) would be an event attended by one person, the organizer...

I spend a lot of time talking to myself about geocaching, much of it under my breath, so this would be a great opportunity for me to increase my "credit" for time spent on geocaching.

I don't always know when I will spend an afternoon, or even 15 minutes, talking to myself about geocaching...so instead of the advance notification, it would be great if TPTB could allow the posting and logging of the Micro-Events to be retroactive, so I could post/log one after the fact.

Thanks,

Jamie - NFA

Do you become the cache then? If so, is it ok to sign the outside of the cache?

Since it is an event, I assume it is ok to 'attend' multiple times so your body will really get full of signatures since it is ok to sign the outside of the cache.

I don't want to think about what you'll be doing by yourself with the pocket caches!

Do you become the cache then? If so, is it ok to sign the outside of the cache?

I will not be signing the inside of myself...rather, it is required that you take a picture of yourself with the cache at the event coordinates.

Since it is an event, I assume it is ok to 'attend' multiple times so your body will really get full of signatures since it is ok to sign the outside of the cache.

Absolutely not! Logging multiple "attended" logs would be silly and be cheating, no matter how you play the game...it would cheapen the whole concept of the Micro-Event cache!!!

I don't want to think about what you'll be doing by yourself with the pocket caches!

Don't ask, don't tell.

Jamie - NFA

Do you have to have multiple personalities so that one of them can hide the event caches and another can go find them. What if one of your personalities doesn't like caching.

You don't have to have multiple personalities to participate in, and enjoy, Micro-Events...but it sure helps!

One of me isn't crazy about geocaching, but I bribe her with cookie-dough, and it all works out.

Jamie (and Monique) - NFA

Since I'm not sure if TPTB would ever set something like this up, go ahead and log as many times as you'd like on one of my archived caches. Since I've just finished placing a few hundred caches that don't quite meet the listing guidelines for this site, that's the only way you can get credit for all of my recent hides.

A Micro-Event (or Nano-Event, I don't really care which you name it) would be an event attended by one person, the organizer...

But this just brings up the question, can you log your own event? And if not, does that mean no one could ever attend? :rolleyes: