What Happens After Gczzzz?

So, I understand that we've had this problem before. Originally, geocache numbers were based upon a hexadecimal GC#. At some point, TPTB determined that there simply weren't enough hexadecimal numbers that could be made with GC and 4 characters, so they changed the way the caches were numbered so that each character could be made up from one of nearly 36 characters (yes, I know that there are some which aren't used, but I don't recall precisely which ones... I'm sure it's been mentioned here before, and would appreciate if someone would markwell me).

Anyway, my point is that I have recently resumed caching after an extended absence due to Real Life (or some reasonable facsimile thereof) and have noticed that since I had to stop caching for a while, we've gone from GCN or GCP all the way to GCWxxx. I understand that the reason a six character code (GC +4 alphanumerics) was selected is that some GPSs would only handle a four character name when this game first started.

Thus my question comes about... what happens when we reach GCZZZZ and someone wants to create a new cache? Have TPTB said what they plan to do?

In the above Markwell, I didn't see any definitive answer on what will happen. What Jeremy DID say is:

Seriously, the worse that will happen is a digit will be appended to the end.

So, that sounds like ONE POSSIBILITY, but not necessarily THE answer. Perhaps they're trying to work on a different solution?