Favorite Geocoins

blkhawks

The Tracking Time coin would make my top ten list! I have a large photo of it HERE.

Parents of SAM geocoin is cute and different (triangular), and a favourite. Some other recent favourites of mine are:

idTimberwolf

Blind Acorn

*Tumbleweed*

Geonut

Evil Micro

Geosquid (copper version is my favourite)

etc.

I guess I am in the "like 'em all" group, but with a qualifier: Personal geocoins are my number one goal. After that comes coins issued by caching groups/organizations. Third, I'll go for a theme coin if it is well done (e.g. Evil Micro fits in this category).

Tops on my list (in no particular order)

Crake's "Tracking Time"

TrackingTimeGoldWeb.jpg

SEPAG Liberty Bell

SEPAG.jpg

Bailey-Nippon's Buddha

bailey-nippon.jpg

Crake's Blue Bonnets

Bluebonnet_Final_web.jpg

And the "Coinfusion Project" coins!!

Just because it was an honor to work with these pioneers of geocoins on their coin design! :grin:

coinfusion_front.jpg

coinfusion_back.jpg

Of course I also like the Loggerhead Turtles series, the Geopolice Badge, and the Spinning Geocoin.

Also have to give a shameless plug to my Appalachian Trail Series and the Evil Micros!! Just because they are mine!! :(

D-man :)

Edited by gridlox

Tracking Time would probably top my list, with the 2006 Compass Rose a close second.

I actually agree with danoshimano's assessment of my coin - I think the regular edition copper do, in fact, look better than the limited edition chrome - not that the chrome ones look bad, because they look fine. But, I should have listened to my wife :grin: She wanted a satin-silver finish, but was out-voted by the supporters of the shiny chrome. The chrome looks ok, but sitting here looking at the single mint sample of satin silver, I think she was right. Heh.

AJAYHAWKFAN for a personal coin, hard to get though. TeamPez was a really clever design as well.

New Mexico for a state coin.

The 2006 Compass Rose, Kansas Twister for a commercial coin, followed by the GeoNut.

The MTN-MAN Admin Brick for a admin coin.

Texas Geocaching Association 2006 for an association coin.

The Groundspeak Lackey coin for reviewers.

Like oithers said though, I like a lot of them, I must with over 140 different ones here on my desk. Glen

Just got our new Monarch butterfly coins in yesterday, and they fly to the top of the list :grin: Gorgeous work on them.

Tracking Time is definitely up there, as is the Prague one. The London Phonebooth-shaped one is very clever; wish we could have gotten more than just the one. The Torn Yellow Mailer is another that we like a lot, and will probably get more of. Other favorites are the Puzzle series of four interlocking, the Spinner, Serenity and the All-Seasons Winter.

In truth, however, we like 'em all :grin:

Commercial coin…..Tracking Time and GCC Benchmark

Geocaching Association Coin….SEPAG

State Coin…..Pennsylvania and Kentucky

Individual Coin…..Bad Andy

Country…..Czech Republic

Others: Rhode Island, Nevada, Prague and Illinois

PS. Thanks to the two who mentioned my coin.

Very tough question! I like so many of the coins -- maybe it's just a "type" that I like.

I like the coins that are either very, very simple in design, or those that are very "technical" and/or "world"

For example, I like the Tiki's,BC Coin,Telling Time,Greenman etc. (Shop99er, Mauison.....sheesh ...the list goes on!)

Then I like the simple Moun10Bike icon/logo and such

I'm also a fan of the shaped coins that make sense to me: Fall Pumpkin, CavScout Raven, GCC Ammo Can etc.

Of course, I really like my geobone and red-handed coin -- but what kind of a person would I be if I didn't care for my own coins!

"Our" collection really belongs to our baby, so my favorites that I've tried to collect for her are more cute I guess. Lil Dorkfish was one of the first and one of my favorites. The Loggerhead turtles are a close second. The Firefly mini is also a cute LITTLE coin, and of course we all love our new coin!

Kodak040.jpg

Kodak041.jpg

I like personals a lot, many unique ones.

Of all coins out there, one of my favorit is the Alaska 2005 coins, all Three, Brass, Silver, and Gold Relief. they just look sooo nice.

and of course my own personal, Im rather partial to the Gold.

So, are all these favorites trackables with icons?

I have designed a personal coin mostly for us to use as a sig item, but I think it might be something collectors might enjoy. Should I just do 100 numbered or should I do a trackable with an icon and sell it? I would still keep a good number for swag and great cache rewards. I like the personal coins and sig items, but am not big into general coin collecting, so I would probably only do some trading for personal coins/sig items. Thoughts?

So, are all these favorites trackables with icons?

I have designed a personal coin mostly for us to use as a sig item, but I think it might be something collectors might enjoy. Should I just do 100 numbered or should I do a trackable with an icon and sell it? I would still keep a good number for swag and great cache rewards. I like the personal coins and sig items, but am not big into general coin collecting, so I would probably only do some trading for personal coins/sig items. Thoughts?

Our coins are only numbered, not trackable on GC.com but I hope to set them up on sigitems.com. Our coins were never sold and never will be by us. We've done a good deal of trading with them for other coins. We have a good amount left still for leaving in caches too! We even made some special FTF and TFTC coins. It's all up to you. I figure I'd love to find a coin in a cache (for keeps) so I'll leave some and hope that others will start doing the same!

My favorites (next to our own, that is :laughing: ) are the ones from cachers we know or have met. Including DHOBBY1 and Rubicon brothers, StuckonWGS84, and chef cache a lot.

Plus we were fortunate to meet Cog & gil at an event and trade coins with them :laughing: We met Dorkfish at the same event and her coins are awesome!

Better not leave out Grandpa Kim, Damenace, Fire Elemental, the nano twins :laughing: Also Redwing Dave, SirGerald and Lady LeAnn. All a great bunch of people! :laughing:

Edited by GBOTS

My favorites have got to be shapes first of all, then probably what most would call cute :laughing: Like: Loggerhead baby, penguin, lampost, balloon (t.? valley), junglehair, PEZ, Boots (geoswag April), bigfoot, cat, yellow mailer (just too cool!), parrot, All american & I'm almost ashamed to say the May Signal (although, I think it looks like fireworks not flowers) :laughing: And, I can't wait to see the ladybug that Ryder3 & Better Half are doing!! Forgot Dorkfish!!! Can't forget that one!!!

Edited by CachingCoins

You're right, Graylling. The Yemon-Yime coin is a thing of beauty. Wish I could get one!

Also, Dressel Dragons - Another beautiful coin.

efeb2823-1e60-4280-b28c-2726dfa9ccb7.jpg

I also like the American Caching Geocoins (they look like a $ bill).

Yes, Dressel Dragon's coin is a very nice coin as well. i'm like the gold variety best.

Yemon Yime is very cool as well.

Edited by Nero