Travel Bug Geocoin

UOTrackers

It was a good coin to enter to one of the coin clubs, however, now that you publically posted it, there's a chance someone may steal the idea and leave you out of it. There was at one time a problem with that happening on the forums.

Well the great thing is someone just offered to make it...so we'll see! I have to get more details and if not, off to the Geoswag contest it goes!

I don't know too much about people stealing ideas. I have seen some past coin ideas that eventually became real coins and I've also seen some ideas that are in my head recently get posted by other cachers. My husband has been talking about a coin for a few months that was 2 coins in the yin yang shape, he's a martial artist so it would have been his personal coin, but now it's been done (he was disappointed when I told him about it). And I am VERY big on triquetra's and had been thinking of making my personal coin in the shape of a triquettra, but again, someone else has recently posted it. It can be hard you know. I mean the May coin, as you know was designed by 2 different people on 2 different coasts! Good minds think alike! So I guess you just try your best, hope people like it and go from there *shrugs*. I like coming up with ideas, but then i like leaving coins for people to find. I like giving gifts, just don't ask me to keep a surprise cuz it wont work!

Edited by UOTrackers

Great, another commercial coin. Someone will make a buck off of it.

You say that like making a buck is a bad thing. And almost all geocoins are commercial. Even personal ones are commercial when they get sold. I don't see this as a negative. But then, I like to buy the coins that I like to buy, which probably explains why I use the quote that I do for my signature :wub: