Pocket Queries--how To Actually Get Them To Run?

edelen

I'm a new premium member, so as with all newbies, I'm somewhat clueless.

I've run a couple pocket queries and received results via e-mail. But I'm never quite sure what I've done to actually make them run. I've setup a couple to run and they did once, but now won't, even though I have the day correctly check.

What's the actual process for making one run right now?

Would be nice to have a big button that says, "Run Query Now!"

Since I'm new, I have no experience with possibly flaky performance of the query system. Can't tell if something is wrong or not. I put in a query last night for today, but nothing's shown up.

Wish this wasn't so cryptic in its operation. :anitongue:

It seems that PQ's are taking a bit of time to run today. Usually checking the day that you want a query to run is enough, but mine has been in queue for quite a while now.

I'd guess that you did everything right and there's some delay on GC's side.

Anyone else having this experience?

What's the actual process for making one run right now?

Would be nice to have a big button that says, "Run Query Now!"

I agree. This would be like the My Finds Query 'Add to Queue". Click this button next to any query and it will be put on the queue to run ASAP. One problem which occurs more with cachers in Australia and New Zealand - but could effect any one not in the Pacific timezone - is that checking the day of the week when you want a query to run can get real confusing.

Click this button next to any query and it will be put on the queue to run ASAP. One problem which occurs more with cachers in Australia and New Zealand - but could effect any one not in the Pacific timezone - is that checking the day of the week when you want a query to run can get real confusing.

I'm going to create a separate queue instead of making people create copies so they run faster. If you bump your query (in this new feature) it will put it in a priority queue like the new pocket queries use.