Explorists For Sale

swiser

"Below retail" maybe, but you're asking WAY too much.

For example, GPS City currently lists the Explorist 500 for $270 and $8 shipping.

Look at current prices at various online stores (GPS City, Tiger GPS, Amazon). Don't forget Froogle :) Then try to match the lowest priced online stores (including shipping) - or even undercut them by a few bucks.

Edited by lee_rimar
I will take $270 and $8 shipping on the 500

GPS City delivered price was really $277.91, I just rounded it for convenience. So they still have you beat by a few cents :)

Y'know, I have a really big nose. It's not an ethnic thing, but air IS free after all...

My point is that anyone looking in the "garage sale" is probably after a bargain - a significant saving over street price. There's no good reason to buy a GPS from "some guy on message board" for pretty much the same price as they can buy from an established retailer.

You mentioned you didn't have much luck on eBay? Maybe the bids you got were indicative of what people are actually willing to pay?

Y'know, I have a really big nose. It's not an ethnic thing, but air IS free after all...

What is that susposed to mean? Not an ethnic thing? Are you saying something about certain ethnic group having big noses? What a jerk.

Edited by swiser

Well I AM out finding caches (very well with my lowrance unit thank you) and Lee_rimar is giving you excellent advice which you should consider before bad mouthing him. It only took me a couple of minutes to find a NEW explorist 100 from an online established merchant for $79 shipped! (new not refurbished) He's also right that this is a garage sale and people are looking for bargains and some are cleaning out....

Edited by LadyBee4T

My point is that anyone looking in the "garage sale" is probably after a bargain - a significant saving over street price. There's no good reason to buy a GPS from "some guy on message board" for pretty much the same price as they can buy from an established retailer.

You mentioned you didn't have much luck on eBay? Maybe the bids you got were indicative of what people are actually willing to pay?

Thank you, I couldn’t have said it better myself. This should be a place to buy and sell bargains. It grabs my goat when someone references retail price or posts an eBay link here to their auction. Only a fool would pay retail and eBay is the largest captive market in the world; rarely will you get a bargain on a GPSr at eBay. IMO eBay links should not be allowed here.

Ah, what a shame. The OP has pulled his ads and insulted me. At the same time he takes a swipe at me for not being an active cacher, he seems to have taken his ball and gone home.

Can't take a joke, either. The "big nose" joke was a bit of self-deprecating humor - because my schnoz is of truly monumental proportions.

Still - that went better than the last time I tried to point out someone's pricing was a bit off. That other thread got locked down :)

Ah, what a shame. The OP has pulled his ads and insulted me. At the same time he takes a swipe at me for not being an active cacher, he seems to have taken his ball and gone home.

Can't take a joke, either. The "big nose" joke was a bit of self-deprecating humor - because my schnoz is of truly monumental proportions.

Still - that went better than the last time I tried to point out someone's pricing was a bit off. That other thread got locked down <_<

As I was reading your posts, I thought to myself what difference does it really make if someone offers items at this Garage Sale, whether it be Brand New or Used? Ever been to a Garage Sale & have new items marked below retail, but still a great bargain? Sounds to me like the guy just wants to make his money back & people can get it new.

If you don't like the way someone prices their Sale Item, you COULD be a little more diplomatic about it without insulting someone who just wants to get rid of their overstock. No skin off your nose, right? Must have nothing better to do than be insulting. No wonder he went away!

No wonder he went away!

Hmmm.........

Can someone say "sock puppet?" <_<

Excuse me? What is that suppose to mean? Thought a person could state their opinion on here. I was just curious about you peoples motives. You must like taking over the board.

No wonder he went away!

Hmmm.........

Sock Puppet?

She left an easy to follow evidence trail indicating she is the wife of the OP. It seems to be an individual account with Find and HIDE activity. She did not reveal the relationship in the actual post, but that doesn't make it a Sock Puppet account. Not laughing.

No wonder he went away!

Hmmm.........

Sock Puppet?

She left an easy to follow evidence trail indicating she is the wife of the OP. It seems to be an individual account with Find and HIDE activity. She did not reveal the relationship in the actual post, but that doesn't make it a Sock Puppet account. Not laughing.

Actually, I wasn't trying to hide the fact of my relationship. I happened to check the board & saw what y'all had to say. I didn't realize that your opinions matter more than anyone elses. Sock Puppet indeed!

I have an opinion just like everyone else. There's other ways to get rid of overstock, we'll just do it that way. Thought this was a friendly board, I see that it isn't. I'll stick to a better one from now on and just enjoy the caching that we took up for family fun.