Additional Waypoints In Pqs

Alan White

It seems that the additional waypoints are no longer in the long description of a GPX file when that file is generated by a PQ. The AWs are still in the long description if the GPX file comes from the individual cache page.

Is this an intentional change? If so, could I plead for a return to the previous behaviour? The offline information is useless without the additional waypoints :)

Ahh, this explains what I encountered out in the field a few days ago.

Started a multi which uses the additional waypoints feature, turned on my PDA running cachemate only to find the additional waypoints weren't there!

I had assumed I had messed things up in GSAK.

Hope it gets sorted soon.

The additional waypoints also are not being sent in the attached file either. *-wpts.gpx is empty.

I'm not seeing that. I've checked a couple of random caches and the AWs are in the *-wpts.gpx. I've also looked at all recent PQs and I have no empty *-wpts.gpx. Sounds like a different problem, though of course not necessarily unrelated.

I'd really appreciate a statement from Groundspeak as to whether this is an intentional change or not, so that I know whether to spend time working round it or just wait until it's fixed.

At holiday time, offline data with the additional waypoints missing is sometimes rather less than useful :unsure:

I notice the problem today :D . Couldn't find the AW in cachemate where they were supposed to be, but after some searching I found them listed with the rest of the WP's which is kind of useless as you don't know which one goes with which geocache. I'd love to get an answer on this fast! :lol: