Rebates On X Models

Vlad

I think Garmin has a $50US rebate program starting on the 28th for several "X" models including the Venture, Legend, Vista, 60CX and 60CSX. Not sure if any dealers will confirm this until then.
I love unsubstantiated rumors as much as the next guy, Vlad, but how about sharing your source for this speculation. :)
I think Garmin has a $50US rebate program starting on the 28th for several "X" models including the Venture, Legend, Vista, 60CX and 60CSX. Not sure if any dealers will confirm this until then.
I love unsubstantiated rumors as much as the next guy, Vlad, but how about sharing your source for this speculation. :lol:

No speculation. Just not on Garmin's web site as of this posting. Should be soon though.

That sucks. I just got my 60csx about a week ago. Nothing like a swift kick in the balls I suppose :D

From my perspective, I've had mine since mid-March. I got a good deal on it then, $369.00 to the house, and I've had 5 months of use out of it so far, so I guess I'll just look at it like I've been paying a $10.00 monthly fee so I could use it from when I got it and when the rebate becomes valid. I think $10 a month makes it worth having for that time even if I could have saved $50...

The older technology gets, the less expensive it becomes, its just a fact of life.

That sucks. I just got my 60csx about a week ago. Nothing like a swift kick in the balls I suppose :D

wow i just ordered mine YESTERDAY with $3.99 overnight shipping from Amazon, and im waiting for UPS right this second. How's that for a swift kick in the balls. I guess I could refuse shipment and order another one next day air and get back $46

Edited by chris916

That sucks. I just got my 60csx about a week ago. Nothing like a swift kick in the balls I suppose :blink:

wow i just ordered mine YESTERDAY with $3.99 overnight shipping from Amazon, and im waiting for UPS right this second. How's that for a swift kick in the balls. I guess I could refuse shipment and order another one next day air and get back $46

You have me beat. I'll just live with it like I was going to anyway. You always pay a premium for having the best in technology. Once a new version comes out you can get five for a buck. The 60csx is my unit of choice and was well worth the money.

I bought a 76cx about 3 weeks before the $100.00 rebate. I wrote Garmin and told them what a loyal customer I had been, and how it sucked not getting the rebate.

They told me to send in my information and if I met the rebate requirements (excluding the timing) they would pay me the rebate.

They paid off and the 76Cx only cost me $299.99 after the rebate.

Try sending a email and see what happens.

:blink:

I ordered my Garmin 60CSx from this company:

http://www.gpsonsale.com/garmin/products/60csx.htm

And the invoice was dated 7/21/2006

So when the rebate was announced, I emailed them back and offered them two choices. One, I could return the units and buy them again, or they could issue me a new invoice dated after July 28, 2006. So what did they do, they issued me a "Credit Memo" for the return of the GPS units and then issued a new invoice, using the Credit Memo for the purchase, Invoice dated July 29, 2006. The units never left my home. THAT is what is called CUSTOMER SERVICE. So I got my new Garmin 60CSx for UNDER $320.00. Not too bad!

I was looking at the rebate form today and noticed it requires the original sales receipt to be sent in. Now that is just not acceptable. I can't remember ever doing a rebate (and I've done many) that required the original receipt. I wouldn't mind sending a photocopy of the receipt. I sent an e-mail to Garmin expressing my opinion. It'll be interesting to see what they have to say. I wonder if this was the idea of Garmin or the company processing their rebates.

I was looking at the rebate form today and noticed it requires the original sales receipt to be sent in.

Of course the same original receipt is required when you have a problem with the unit and need to show proof of purshase... what are they thinking?

Hmmmm, I've only experienced rebates where you need to turn in the original receipt. ???

Only recently have places like CompUSA and BestBuy been giving rebate receipts with your purchase.

Regardless, I've found Garmin customer Service to be fantastic.

I sent a Rino 120 back because the mother board had a short and was discharging batteries in 10-15 minutes. (I may have dropped this on the pavement. <_< ) They even replaced the scratched display on the unit and didn't charge me a dime for either repair, nor did they ask for a receipt.

A year of so later I called looking for a replacement belt clip. I was more than willing to purchase one, but they sent me two for the price of $0. :ph34r:

Anyway, I just put my order in for a 60CSx and printed out my rebate form.

Come on UPS man, pedal to the metal. Those caches don't stand a chance now! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Thanks to the OP for the heads up!

That sucks. I just got my 60csx about a week ago. Nothing like a swift kick in the balls I suppose <_<

Arrgh! I just ordered a 60Cx from Amazon on the 26th and received it on the 29th. I agree, this stinks!

That sucks. I just got my 60csx about a week ago. Nothing like a swift kick in the balls I suppose <_<

Arrgh! I just ordered a 60Cx from Amazon on the 26th and received it on the 29th. I agree, this stinks!

we ordered it the exact same day. i sent an e-mail to garmin about it as suggested in this thread. when they get back to me ill post the info here so hopefully you can get your rebate too if i can.

PS i didnt get the usual Amazon receipt with mine, i got something that looks like it was photocopied on a copier that is about to run out of toner. I hope this doesnt affect my rebate with the "original receipt" did you get the same thing with yours?

Edited by chris916

we ordered it the exact same day. i sent an e-mail to garmin about it as suggested in this thread. when they get back to me ill post the info here so hopefully you can get your rebate too if i can.

PS i didnt get the usual Amazon receipt with mine, i got something that looks like it was photocopied on a copier that is about to run out of toner. I hope this doesnt affect my rebate with the "original receipt" did you get the same thing with yours?

I used their web form to contact them and, in short, the response I got from Garmin was "You're screwed". Amazon's site says that if an invoice is required, to go to your previous orders and print the invoice from there. My guess is that it'll be good enough. I'm now pondering whether or not I should send it back and then buy it again... My guess is that amazon won't be as nice as the site for the poster above, as it's most likely too large to care.

-Jeremy