Kotab Event Coin

Team Maddie UK

September 1-3, 2006 sees the start of the Quest Events. To commemorate the start of these events, an event coin has been commissioned. The first of the events is being held in Llangollen, Denbighshire, Wales so the coin will have the WL prefix.

Since most of the United Kingdom has or lays claim to King Arthur and Arthurian connections, the theme allows the events to be moved around the UK.

In the beginning, Arthur needed to remove Excalibur from a stone to prove his worthiness to the throne giving us the theme for the coin

The artwork can be seen at :

http://uk.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/geocoi...s/view/f73b?b=2

http://uk.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/geocoi...s/view/f73b?b=1

All North American orders can be placed Here

All European orders and UK orders can be placed by sending an email to kaqcommittee@yahoo.co.uk

The costs of the coin are $9.00 USD plus shipping

£6.00 GBP plus shipping

E8,00 Eu plus shipping

This coin is gc trackable and will have its own icon. No artwork available on the icon yet but it will be a sword (in keeping with the theme). There will only be 200 coins made available to North American non-attendees.

So how many coins will be in this series? Also, since the North American version has a red ring, what does the UK version look like?

The coin for those attending the event will have a Green ring and as mentioned on the US sales site there will be a limited number of gold ones for all the volunteers helping with this. The Quest series of events will be an annual affair and the 2007 event is already in the planning stages. There will be a coin every year.

Lynn

Any particular reason why there is such a big price difference from $ to € to £ when applying todays exchange rates (actually I noticed it without checking)?? How much is the shipping to EU? May I pay in $ <_<?

Shipping to the EU will be from the UK. You may pay in GBP if you wish. I have not looked at the exchange rates for today as I am not invoicing for the UK/EU orders today. The cost of postage to the EU will be approximately £1.00 for one coin and .40 for each coin thereafter. As the Postal rates are changing in the UK in approximately a week and the coins will not be in prior to the change, I thought it best to wait to give definite costs until after the full weight of the coin is known. These are approximate postal charges but I do not anticipate them increasing greatly.

Lynn

Any particular reason why there is such a big price difference from $ to € to £ when applying todays exchange rates (actually I noticed it without checking)?? How much is the shipping to EU? May I pay in $ :laughing:?

£6.00 with the VAT deducted is £5.11. That equates to $9.19. Pretty close to the $9.00 that is being charged in the USA. Bearing in mind that is cost a few cents extra to have coins shipped to Europe I think that £6.00/$9.00 is a pretty equitable costing.

Having assisted Team Maddie UK with the design of this coin, I know that adding the sword has upped the cost price quite a lot, but personally I think that it makes the coin and advised them all along not to delete the sword from the design just to keep costs down. It's going to be a teriffic looking coin.

No coins - rest of the world :)

Yes, the blue coins are available for sale to the rest of the World outside of N America. Please email Team Maddie UK for details of shipping rates. All the red ones are sold, but as far as I am aware, there are still a few blue ones left.

alex.

My ;) has become ;)

I have a few of the blue coins leftover from the ROW orders. They will ship from the UK so the postage will be a little higher than the US orders are. Paypal will be sent in GBP but they do offer a favorable exchange rate. I anticipate having a few of the Gold coins remaining after the event and these will also be offered up for sale at a later time.

please send inquiries to kaqcommittee@yahoo.co.uk

Remember these are event coins and any profit on them go back into the event. The icon is not up yet but should be shortly.

Lynn

I got the Kotab coins today in Oregon...it's a good thing I found this topic again, otherwise would not have been able to figure out where to get the Act Codes.

Why can't that be a "standard" item to include with the coins? Better yet...why can't the codes be included with coins?

I got the Kotab coins today in Oregon...it's a good thing I found this topic again, otherwise would not have been able to figure out where to get the Act Codes.

Why can't that be a "standard" item to include with the coins? Better yet...why can't the codes be included with coins?

I'm sorry I ran out of stickers. I could have delayed mailing them out by a day while I drove into Austin to get some more, but I thought people would rather have the coins a cay erlier.

Also, you ordered them from the gccoins website, take a look at www.gccoins.com and see if you can work out how to get your activation code. :laughing::laughing: