too much information

fatdog

We did a cache that required us to swim to a little island that was located in a small, private lake-I loved the cache and the idea of the swim, which was great on a hot afternoon, but I got a bit of a surprise, when we found the cache itself-It was in good shape, well hidden, and my daughter, who was 11, retireived the log book and started to read the last entries-as she read aloud to us, I was surprised that was she was reading was a detailed description of the last cachers sexual escapade on the island!! She realized what she was reading and was horrified-the expression on the poor girls face made me chuckle just a tad (hiding my expression from her of course) but am I wrong in thinking this may be a bit too much info to share with fellow cachers?

I can understnd writing about your experiences but I was surprised at all this cacher "shared" in the log-any thoughts on this?

Having encountered a number of logbooks that weren't family friendly, I've gotten into the habit of previewing them before my daughter can read the logs. Most common are logs from muggles, filled with profanity, references to drug use, and/or references to sexual activity. I will remove the offending logsheets, and then note this in my online log so that the owner can follow up as they deem appropriate.

Example 1

Example 2

Such problems, however, happen quite rarely. All in all, this is a very family-friendly sport.

We did a cache that required us to swim to a little island that was located in a small, private lake-I loved the cache and the idea of the swim, which was great on a hot afternoon, but I got a bit of a surprise, when we found the cache itself-It was in good shape, well hidden, and my daughter, who was 11, retireived the log book and started to read the last entries-as she read aloud to us, I was surprised that was she was reading was a detailed description of the last cachers sexual escapade on the island!! She realized what she was reading and was horrified-the expression on the poor girls face made me chuckle just a tad (hiding my expression from her of course) but am I wrong in thinking this may be a bit too much info to share with fellow cachers?

I can understnd writing about your experiences but I was surprised at all this cacher "shared" in the log-any thoughts on this?

It was vary wrong for that cacher to right that stuff in a log book! fist off a log book is only supposed to used for shot stories about finding the cache. Having sex sounds like it has nothing to do with finding a cache to me. That is too much information! Especially since we have cachers of all ages. people should not be righting that privet stuff down. He should keep his own sexual thoughts to himself, and not in the log book!

It was vary wrong for that cacher to right that stuff in a log book! fist off a log book is only supposed to used for shot stories about finding the cache. Having sex sounds like it has nothing to do with finding a cache to me. That is too much information! Especially since we have cachers of all ages. people should not be righting that privet stuff down. He should keep his own sexual thoughts to himself, and not in the log book!

Well, it might, if your day is going especially well. :):)

But I agree that you shouldn't "right" about it in the log, whether online or paper. :D

Edited by WascoZooKeeper

I'm wondering if it was a cacher or a muggle.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a cacher.

Around the GW4 campfire, in Snooganville, there were at least 20 of us and there was some discussion about a travel bug based on the "Post Secret" concept where you're supposed to tell a true secret and not sign your name. We were all saying which ones we had done as well as they were read.....

Wellll......

When the secret read aloud was "We did it at a Snoogans cache," (I knew who it was, I thought) but there was more than ONE showing of hands on that one. SIX people raised their hands. :ph34r:

Edited by Snoogans

I Agree, this is a Family activity and the logs should show the same. i don't have kids but i do think you're logs should be writen as if a kid would read it, cuz so many people take there kids. as do i think when you log it on the web site you should keep the same in mind. kids do read that too. :)

I Agree, this is a Family activity and the logs should show the same. i don't have kids but i do think you're logs should be writen as if a kid would read it, cuz so many people take there kids. as do i think when you log it on the web site you should keep the same in mind. kids do read that too. :)

I never sign more than my name at a cache.

I've been known to make online notes that lean toward the somewhat adult. I usually do this to drop a travel bug just before an event and then delete it. ONLY the owner and the watchers on the event ever see it. :):):huh: