Anyone have a Garmin Venture CX?

jellis

I have the Venture CX. It's worked quite well for me so far. I was having trouble with XP not seeing it automatically. Every time I plugged it in I would have to re-install it for XP to see it. I can't remember exactly what I did to fix it, but go to the Garmin website, then to the Venture CX page and click on the Updates and Downloads on the left. Download the Unit Software (ver 2.50) and the USB Driver (ver 2.1). Update both of these on your Venture CX and see if that gets it going for you. Mine started working properly, and I think one of those was the fix.

TTYL,

Tom

Yes it is kind of tricky getting it to work on an XP computer. You have to download the driver from the garmin website and you have to install it manually. Run the program you download, note where the program sticks the driver (should be C://garmin/. Plug in your Garmin. Found new hardware wizard should pop up. When it asks you if you want to search for the driver automatically choose no. It will now give you the opportunity to browse for the driver. Go to the folder where the driver is located and select it. The driver should then install and your computer should recognize the gps. I have had to redo this only once when I downloaded the firmware upgrade. Hope this helps

Yes it is kind of tricky getting it to work on an XP computer. You have to download the driver from the garmin website and you have to install it manually. Run the program you download, note where the program sticks the driver (should be C://garmin/. Plug in your Garmin. Found new hardware wizard should pop up. When it asks you if you want to search for the driver automatically choose no. It will now give you the opportunity to browse for the driver. Go to the folder where the driver is located and select it. The driver should then install and your computer should recognize the gps. I have had to redo this only once when I downloaded the firmware upgrade. Hope this helps

When you got the Venture CX did it include a CD? Mine didn't. So how do you upgrade something you never got. Do I have to get the waypoint manager to upload the waypoints. I am new to Garmin. My Lowrance doesn't have the option and the Magallen I had it had no problem uploading. But then it froze up on me and they replaced it with model that doesn't even have that option. Bad luck with GPS's.