Garmin hooked me up!

Shootie

First of all, a little background. You have to understand that I am the badluck queen! I started out with the yellow etrex about three years ago, and it worked great until I dropped it on my front porch and it cracked the LCD. My joke is that you can bash them around in the rocks all day, but you drop it once on the porch and that's it. :laughing: Anyway, I only went in to the sporting goods store to get the address to send it to, honest! They had a blue one for sale that was a factory reconditioned model and so I bought it to use until I got old yellow repaired. I had it for about 5 weeks when I started getting a bar code across the screen, so I sent it in, via the sporting goods store. They had it for almost two months before I made a call where I actually said, "Look it's been two months." It got lost somewhere. Come on in for a store credit they said, and that's when I upgraded to a Legend C. Great little unit in my opinion except for all the trouble I've had with it. :laughing: Seriously, I really liked it, and everything was working great for about 5 months, until I bought a 12 volt adapter cord for it. All of a sudden it wouldn't boot...at all. I sent it back and Garmin sent me a new one. I had it for about 3 months before it started acting really wacky. The arrow would point the wrong way, or dissapear completely, but the distance would continue to count down. It would lose signal in the middle of an open field, and get warm to the touch. I called Garmin again and told them what was going on. I realized that the trouble must be the Garmin 12 volt adapter cord that I bought for it. I guess I must have talked to the right guy. I sent it in. They sent me back a new one, along with a set of new cords, a battery charger kit with 4 batteries, and a really cool strech holster with a carabiner on it.

Kudos to Garmin customer service! :laughing: