Shipping: Best Options?

avroair

I know there is a pinned thread on shipping, but it didn't answer any of my questions.

First, I am shipping 4 coins together --- net weight is obviously gonna be more than an ounce. I would also like to get some sort of delivery confirmation and insurance --- now this is all beginning to add up to $4-$5

Do people feel it would be better to ship via UPS ground for $7 where everything is taken care of or take a chance with the USPS?

EDIT: I was thinking of adding an optional $1.50 shipping insurance (like I do for ebay) and certification since I always seem to have 2-3 orders run astray via the post office.

Avroair

Edited by avroair

If you are taking payments through paypal, you can ship through paypal USPS service 4 OZ (cover any varience in wieght) $1.11 + .14 for D/C $ 1.24 total also its click and ship easy !! Insurance could be made optional to buyer at own risk if not taken as option. Its $1.35 up to $50.00 insured. If you want to make it mandatory total cost would be $2.46 not including shipping materials , and all are covered.. domestic mail..

I have not lost one postal out of hundreds mailed so far. Print out a label on plane paper and tape to mailer just leave bar code with a bit exposed (clear packing tape) OR on adhesive label. At that point its all automated buyer & seller gets D/C info in their paypal account + email with tracking info, is a savings on D/C price, .14 cents verse .60 . And all is easy, Drop postal's in collection box at USPS at night handled the next morning.. Only international orders will require a trip to the P/O for customs form and different rate of mailing cost that you can make a standard international shipping rate to buyers.

Think UPS rate $7.00 is way to high, just my opinion..

Hope this is helpfull, Glenn

Edited by glennk721

I agree with glennk721 above. Paypal makes it really easy to ship stuff and 14 cents extra for Delivery Confirmation is nice ... especially in that it automatically mails this info to the buyer.

I shipped a lot of my coins via First Class mail with Paypal ... not one was lost!

good luck!

Grimlock