List Newest from Home Coordinates

ReadyOrNot

If you go to your profile page you will see a link right below your name that you can click to view the newest caches from your home location.

I see a link for "Nearest" from my home location and "Filter out finds", but I don't see anything showing newest from my home location. I suppose I can find the newest by clicking through the pages looking for the "NEW" icon next to the cache name. I can click newest in the state, but I live 5 minutes from the Washington border and the search shows newest caches that are 500 miles away, so I have to click through each cache to find out the distance from my home coordinates.

I get a weekly email showing the newest caches from my home coordinates, sorted by distance. This is what I am talking about, but something I can bring up at any time from the website.

Thanks

Do do this in a PQ select the following in a new query.

- From Origin (home coords, postal code etc)

- Placed During (last week, month)

I have a few queries like this setup, which don't ever get run, I just have them on my PQ list for quick access.

I know there are "Work-arounds" for this issue. The problems with PQ's is that they cannot be run whenever you want. They get emailed to you on a daily basis. Just like viewing Nearest caches wouldn't be as nice of a feature if you couldn't get an up-to-date view of "RIGHT NOW", being able to only see a snapshot of the newest caches wouldn't be as rewarding....

I don't want to get on a tangent here about whether PQ's are good enough, etc. My request is for an online view of NEWEST CACHES FROM MY HOME LOCATION. Can this be done?

Thanks!

I know there are "Work-arounds" for this issue. The problems with PQ's is that they cannot be run whenever you want.

I don't want to get on a tangent here about whether PQ's are good enough, etc. My request is for an online view of NEWEST CACHES FROM MY HOME LOCATION. Can this be done?

There is a work around to see the list whenever you want. Create the pocket query as mentioned above, then 'Preview the Search' (either just after submitting or the preview icon in the pocket query list). Bookmark that page and view it as often as you'd like. Since its a preview you can run it any time you want and it won't count against your daily pq count.

I know there are "Work-arounds" for this issue. The problems with PQ's is that they cannot be run whenever you want.

There is a work around to see the list whenever you want. Create the pocket query as mentioned above, then 'Preview the Search' (either just after submitting or the preview icon in the pocket query list). Bookmark that page and view it as often as you'd like. Since its a preview you can run it any time you want and it won't count against your daily pq count.

That's great! Didn't know you could do that. I appreciate your help.

[

That is NOT exactly right. Yes you can go and Preview a PQ that you have run. But it will not show any New caches hidden after you ran that PQ. It will only show what was in that particular PQ.

Oh, but it will show new caches. Try it on one of the PQs you have laying around unused for some time. Go to preview. You'll see any new caches, any new logs etc.

I just tried it on a PQ that I haven't run in two months, and it shows a cache put out yesterday on the third page of the PQ.

[ name='lmcgisme' date='Oct 3 2006, ? PM' post=?]

That is NOT exactly right. Yes you can go and Preview a PQ that you have run. But it will not show any New caches hidden after you ran that PQ. It will only show what was in that particular PQ.

It works fine for me. I have the PQ set up with my home zip code as the location and showing caches placed in the last week. I previewed it and saved the URL as a bookmark months ago, and run click that bookmark at least twice a week. It always has the newest caches sorted by distance from my home zip.

edited to try & fix the quoting

Edited by lmcgisme

[

After further review it seems that I may have been mistaken in my previous statement. I have set up a PQ to check this out. If it works then that would be great.