What's in the works?

ReadyOrNot

Hi!

BREAD - I want to start out by saying that I think the website is fantastic.

MEAT - I have worked in development environments in the past and I know that you guys aren't flying by the seat of your pants. I'm sure that new features are planned well in advance. I'm sure that you have deadlines and scheduled release dates for certain features, etc. I'm sure you have lists of features with different prority levels. How difficult would it be to share some of this information with your members? Not necessarily a detailed look, but an overview of where you are at and where things are going. What new features are in the works and a general idea of when it will be implemented... It might just stop some of the endless debate about certain topics.

BREAD - Keep up the great work!

Since you've worked in development environments in the past, I'm sure you'll agree that if they did disclose their development list with priority levels, they'd constantly be harassed by users that have a different idea of what their priority levels should be.

It might stop some of the debate, but the complaining and moaning would go up at least 10 fold.

Who cares about priority levels.. I just want to know what is coming down the pike. Like I said, if they are frightened about being harrassed by "PAYING" members, then I can completely understand. No problem. In development environments that I have worked on in the past, if the customer asked to see what was going on, we didn't tell them "NO" or ignore them. As paying members of the geocaching community, we are the customers and we've got every right to ask a question... Being AMERICA, they've also got every right to ignore my request.... Which is more likely what is going to happen, but at least I asked.

:rolleyes:

*** Edited to add smiley face ***

Edited by ReadyOrNot

If TPTB don't mind - I will answer this question....... :)

"They are working on cool new features to enhance the useability of site while maintaining a high level of accessibilty in the face of growing demand". :)(sounds like a mission statement)

I am sure projects are started and abondoned all the time. No need to create false hope for something that just doesn't work out quite right. The new features added in just the past year have vastly improved the site already.

If TPTB don't mind - I will answer this question....... :blink:

"They are working on cool new features to enhance the useability of site while maintaining a high level of accessibilty in the face of growing demand". :huh:(sounds like a mission statement)

I am sure projects are started and abondoned all the time. No need to create false hope for something that just doesn't work out quite right. The new features added in just the past year have vastly improved the site already.

You should be a politician if you think that is answering my question. I think silence is answer enough. TPTB pipe in when they think there is a quick answer, but are amazingly silent when it requires a back-bone.

Closing this thread.