TB cemetery

halffast

Where do you put a TB that dissapears?Is there a TB cemetery out there where owners of caches that shows a TB that is not in the cache can drop them to get it out of their cache.Or even the owner of the TB so its not in there invatory.Would it be possible to have a cache for this pupose.A cemetery for TBs just like the hotel only for the ghosts of Tbs past.

Where do you put a TB that dissapears?Is there a TB cemetery out there where owners of caches that shows a TB that is not in the cache can drop them to get it out of their cache.Or even the owner of the TB so its not in there invatory.Would it be possible to have a cache for this pupose.A cemetery for TBs just like the hotel only for the ghosts of Tbs past.

If the TB is either:

1. Yours
  2. In your cache

You can mark it missing. Go to the TB page and under the "Travel Bug Owner Options" choose "Mark bug missing". If the TB/coin resurfaces, it can still be put back into circulation.

I visited a cache recently (last weekend) that was supposed to have 8 different travel items in it and there weren't any. I e-mailed each owner separately (since I don't own the TB and it's not my cache) that the TB's were missing.

If you don't find a TB that is supposed to be there, you could do the same thing and save a lot of logs that say, "...but there weren't any Tb's in the cache."

The first TB graveyard was cool. Then a missing TB came back from the dead and it had 5000 miles on it that it never travelled.

Now (as mentioned) we have a new status of "missing". The TB goes into limbo and when it gets found again, it picks up where it left off. No extra miles. No extraneous logs. They just hang out and socialize with other TB's in limbo.

Since the "unknown location" option is now well-established for a few years, I'm surprised that Groundspeak hasn't closed the many Travel Bug Graveyards. They served a purpose originally, but now they are just virtual caches that don't exist, chock full of virtual bugs.

Perhaps Signal the Frog has a soft spot for people who just want to know that their TB has a final resting place. Think of it as the difference between a cemetery plot vs. cremation. ;)

I agree with MooseMob. If a TB goes missing, use the "Missing" option. The TB Graveyard was cool, but if one of my lost TBs were to suddenly turn up, I'd rather whoever found it not be confused by the "cache" that it's in and decide that "the owner must not want it anymore, so I'll get rid of it".

Making a regular cache with loogbook to sign for those who find a TB cemetery wouldnt be a good idea.I only have 4 TBs of my own and 2 are missing.Not good odds.But I would like to place a cache for missing TBs.I know they just dont dissapear.And possibly end up in someones TB collection.I want my cache to be a sort of TB collection for the ones already missing.I am wondering how many TBs end up in limbo so to speak.