Calling All Graphic Designers...

AtlantaGal

We need a logo design/theme for the GeocoinFest 2007 coins & tshirts and we're asking all graphic designers and would be artists to submit their ideas. There will be a nice prize package for the chosen logo design, not to mention the exposure of having "your" artwork displayed on the merchandise.

Requirements:

1. Wording "GeocoinFest 2007" or some varient of must be incorporated.

2. Final artwork must be scalable.

3. Submission deadline Friday, November 3rd.

Winning entry will be chosen by the event committee.

Any questions?

Any ratio requests?

I don't think so. If final art is scalable, I would think that would cover it.

Do we need both horizontal and vertical versions?

I don't know.

Any other necessary information like time, date, location, etc.?

No, since this will be used on a variety of items including 2 coins, tshirt, poker chips and decks of cards. Some of those items may not be able to handle more than a logo.

BUT, for idea purposes, the event location of Temecula, CA and the fact that the event will most likely happen at a winery, may prove inspirational.

How many colors (print screen issues) and do we need a one color version as well?

No color limit persay since that can always be altered if too costly. And yes, on a 1 color version.

Gradient colors ok?

I'd say no since they cannot be used on a coin.

.EPS and .AI both ok?

EPS is fine. I am not familiar with the other.

For purposes of showing the artwork in this thread, obviously .JPG.

We're basically looking for a logo and/or mascot that will tie all items together. The individual items themselves will all encompass the winning logo either stand alone or within the overall artwork for said item.

Does this make sense?

Edited by AtlantaGal

Is there any abrv. for GeoFest like GC for Geocaching? Need whatever insight I can.

New to this. Was there a geofest 2006?

Yeah but it was held in AltantaGal's backyard and she didn't invite anyone <_<

If so can I get a copy of that logo just to understand what might be looked for.

There is no logo from 2006, (some one thought of doing a nittany lion but it was nixed early on

GF would be an abbreviation if it isn't taken, GC is a cache number.

EPS or AI file is fine (ai is an adobe illustrator file for those who don't know that design term)

--- in all seriousness ---

We haven't done an Geocoin Fest event before so I think any ideas are open, but I would keep it traditional in the sense --- easy to reproduce, can be reproduced on a coin, t-shirt, poker chip etc.

New to this. Was there a geofest 2006?

If so can I get a copy of that logo just to understand what might be looked for.

Is there any abrv. for GeoFest like GC for Geocaching? Need whatever insight I can.

Thanks

Also, if you have a great idea that includes a name you thought up, submit that as well.

If the tradition takes we could end up with:

Coin Fest 2007- Coinapalooza!

Say the following year works out in Vegas, Coin Fest 2008- Coindex

You see what I'm saying. It's possible we could stick with a main title, and then have a sub description each following year. Or else we end up with Coin Fest I, II, III...this is the first, so we have some latitude here.

Also, if you are serious about winning this competition, let me know, and I'll give you my PayPal addy! <_<

Leave to Mark to totally derail a thread in mere seconds, lol! You're living on borrowed time the way it is Jerzee <_<

This is the first of possibly an annual event that would move around the country. There is nothing prior to build on. So the design ideas are wide open.

I'd strongly suggest against adding too much to GeocoinFest since there are space considerations on most customized items that will have to be considered.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Amateur artist question...what does scaleable mean?

Vector art could be another term. The artwork can be increased or reduced in size without effecting the quality of the image. In otherwods, the art doesn't have to be redrawn to fit a certain item.

OH well I have no idea how to do that. Guess I'm out, good luck to everyone else! It would be great to see all the entries here even if the event committee is the only ones with votes.

Where do we send the artwork? No I don't have something already. I have the idea but don't have the ability to produce graphic. Looking for help on that.

Good question.

For purposes of entering, you can post a .jpg comp here in this thread. That way everyone can comment. And the committee can get an idea of what people like.

Final artwork should all be in a single zip file and emailed to either myself or avroair by the deadline.

Edited by AtlantaGal

You're living on borrowed time the way it is Jerzee :D

Still bitter about the Falcons loss to the Giants are we? <_<

LOL! Nah, one of my former suite owners was in for the game as a guest and he's a big tipper. I was actually glad the Giants won... bigger tips :)

Stay focused AG! ;):D

I was thinking of a bunch of grapes, but instead they would be coins.... :D

:)

Good luck folks!

I'd love to try for the prize, but I'm so snowed under right now that I can't even see the end in sight with more coming in almost everyday.

Not complaining a bit though, because I've seen way too many times when there wasn't a single job in sight!! :laughing:

Bring em on!! (As long as they are paying jobs! :( )

Coming in here for a bit is just the ticket for a little sanity break. :o

D-man :)

Can I just post an idea before drawing my design in case someone else has same notion?

Sure! And even a quick visual is fine. Was just trying to save anyone from having to recreate artwork by providing the specs upfront.

Caching Widow, that's a cool design! Thank you for getting the ball rolling!

Vector art could be another term. The artwork can be increased or reduced in size without effecting the quality of the image. In otherwods, the art doesn't have to be redrawn to fit a certain item.

Hey UO I think you have some really cool ideas, maybe you can work a couple up and then work with a designer later? Just didn't want to leave you out of the process, especially if you have concepts!

Hey UO I think you have some really cool ideas, maybe you can work a couple up and then work with a designer later? Just didn't want to leave you out of the process, especially if you have concepts!

I've got some ideas, but my daughters first birthday is Monday, with her party tomorrow and the whole weekend is full. As soon as mom is on her way back to St. Louis I'll be back in adobe!

Can I just post an idea before drawing my design in case someone else has same notion?

Sure! And even a quick visual is fine. Was just trying to save anyone from having to recreate artwork by providing the specs upfront.

Caching Widow, that's a cool design! Thank you for getting the ball rolling!

ok - I'm thinking circular coins used as grapes- like in a bunch - the ldistinctive vine eaves to tag it as a bunch of grapes - perhaps in a cornucopia with more coins spilling out - the idea of feast/fest - this also leaves room for a classical design on back of a coin/ and has scope for much larger visual for a t shirt - featuring fortuna and even doing a (barrel?) shaped coin.

fortuna210.jpg

Edited by forthferalz

We need a logo design/theme for the GeocoinFest 2007 coins & tshirts and we're asking all graphic designers and would be artists to submit their ideas. There will be a nice prize package for the chosen logo design, not to mention the exposure of having "your" artwork displayed on the merchandise.

Requirements:

Any questions?

When and where is that geocoin fest going to take place?

Requirements:

Any questions?

When and where is that geocoin fest going to take place?

The event will be February 17th, 2007.

The location is Temecula, CA.

See the other thread about it oshndoc

You see the rough art, now I'll try to explain my idea...

balloon_face.gifballoon.gif

Multiple graphics:

First - facing the balloon as shown. On the basket (ammo can) is the location name and coordinates.

Second- from the bottom looking up. Starting in the middle; the GC logo (bottom of basket) then the circle of color from the balllon out side of that would be the words wrapping around. Try to picture on small second image. Like PIMM'S but moved in to read better.

The second graphic would be used as one side of the coin. The other side would be looking down on the ballon. Grapes around the outside with the location name and coordinates in the middle. Would add trackable information (number and such) to this side as well.

Could try and make the coin not round. So it simulates the balloon better.

Bring it on, tell me what you think???? ?:yikes:

You see the rough art, now I'll try to explain my idea...

balloon_face.gifballoon.gif

Multiple graphics:

First - facing the balloon as shown. On the basket (ammo can) is the location name and coordinates.

Second- from the bottom looking up. Starting in the middle; the GC logo (bottom of basket) then the circle of color from the balllon out side of that would be the words wrapping around. Try to picture on small second image. Like PIMM'S but moved in to read better.

The second graphic would be used as one side of the coin. The other side would be looking down on the ballon. Grapes around the outside with the location name and coordinates in the middle. Would add trackable information (number and such) to this side as well.

Could try and make the coin not round. So it simulates the balloon better.

Bring it on, tell me what you think???? ?:yikes:

Looks alot like the Temecula Valley Coin

Since we are going to be going to the GeocoinFest I thought I would attempt to make a logo for the event. Here is my first submission, a color version and a B&W version of the same logo.

df0c89b1-8cb7-44af-825c-49986e44d8dc.jpg

4b9f08ee-3211-4b89-a31c-b1550899fe53.jpg

Here it is with no border.

18227501-5bd9-4bbe-adc4-eedb9341120d.jpg

Edited by wavector

Just a reminder, we're looking for a logo only, not a coin design. With that said. Very interesting ideas so far. Please keep them coming.

Any other necessary information like time, date, location, etc.?

No, since this will be used on a variety of items including 2 coins, tshirt, poker chips and decks of cards. Some of those items may not be able to handle more than a logo.

I realize it is a logo but you also mentioned getting it onto a coin and poker chip. I was looking to use the balloon face for a number of items but then the top and bottom of the balloon for the coin and poker chip, maybe more.

As for it looking like another coin. I had the idea and then realized that. But went with it, because the coin could be made differantly. And seeing that is where the event is being held, not bad coin to look like.

Well, it's not scalable, and you'd never get all the permissions necessary, but this would certainly be representational. :D

cf5acd6b-b9ad-40d6-a4b8-a647f653cb3c.jpg

This is so cute!!! I love it!

It's like where's wally - where's my icon.... can't wait for the matching wallpaper hinty hinty

Seriously, these would make the coolest t-shirts!