Downloading .loc files on PPC

pralnwuf

I use a bluetooth Garmin GPS with my Sprint PPC 6700. It runs Windows Mobile 5. I have started using GPS Tuner for geocaching, but when I download a .loc file from geocaching.com directly to my handheld through IE the file won't load. If I download the same file on my PC and move it to my handheld it loads fine. Anyone have any experience with this? Am I the only person using this setup? I'm sure it is a problem with the way IE is download the file, but other files that I download seem to work fine. Thanks for any information.

pralnwuf

I use a very similar setup as you.

6700 on sprint, gps tuner, but I have a holux gpslim 236.

I ran into the same problem, and lucky for you I have a solution.

Pocket internet explorer downloads the .loc file as a .aspx file instead. Now unfortunately the built in file explorer on our device hides the extension. So you need a third party file browser.

I use total commander

http://www.ghisler.com/pocketpc.htm

It is free and works as a very robust file browser, registry editor, ftp client.

Start up total commander, browse to the file, tap and hold, rename, now just change the extension to .loc

Works like a charm

I love using my 6700 for gps applications. I have iguidance for road navigation. Use it all the time, works great to nav to a cache and get as close as you can, then switch over to an offroad program, like gps tuner.

What version of gps tuner do you have?