Rising from the dead

gribbin

Hi. One of my caches has just had an amazing adventure which I`ve just got to share with you.

The first cache I ever set was "Lizard Quarry" (GCQ1AY) on the island of Jersey. The cache was hidden in an abandoned quarry at the top of granite cliffs high above the sea & proved popular with locals & visitors. A few weeks ago the ammo box was reported missing. I assumed that muggles had stolen it & that I`d never see it again so archived it & set a new cache further along the cliffs. This afternoon I was gobsmacked after receiving an e-mail from "The Gnomads", cachers from Devon. While out walking along the coast, they had discovered my ammo box washed up on a beach east of Sidmouth! The container had survived the 200 ft. drop into the sea & several weeks floating across the English Channel!!!! Despite being a bit rusty, the box was still watertight and the contents dry. I`m hoping to recover the box soon & reuse it for another cache in Jersey. THIS TIME THE MUGGLES DIDN`T WIN !