Another RAM mount question---Ezy-mount quick release

iwski

I'd like to mount my 60cx in two vehicles and be able to go back and forth easily. The two options I've come up with are:

1) Ezy-mount system using quick release parts and adhesive disk base in each car.

2) Locking suction cup with adhesive disk in each car (don't want to use windshield).

I haven't seen this combination anywhere, but by putting together the parts it seems possible. Any experience with this sort of thing? Seems like a great setup, but I wonder if the quick release connection is sturdy or prone to vibration? (Prices are from GPScity.com)

quickrelease.jpg

Here's the suction cup mount that might be most flexible in case I want to use it in a different car with no base on the dash. Any experience with mounting the suction cup to an adhesive base?

suctioncup.jpg

I don't have any experience with the suction mounts for the RAM, but I can tell you from experience that the RAM 'Ball & socket/Arm' mounts are solid and very good at dampening vibrations. I use a RAM to mount a Magellan Meridian to the handlebar of a dual-sport motorcycle. Even when I'm off the pavement, I've never had a problem with the mount, or the GPSr due to vibration, (as long as the unit is hardwired to the bike's power supply - but that's a topic for another thread). The balls in the ball-joints are made of rubber and provide good vibration dampening. They also don't allow the contraption to slip at all once it's all tightened down. I've had the mount for a few years and have not had any problems with it. It's a great design and you won't be unhappy with it.

- Kewaneh

25945_1700.JPG

I have always switched my GPSr's between the 2 or 3 cages and my motorcycle. I used to loosen the arm, leaving just the ball mount however that got old fairly quickly.

I found it easiest to have a mount for my truck and one for the bike. Since I use a suction cup on the truck, I just release that to another vehicle. The suction mount you show there has a "quick release" type feature that is much better than RAM's older suction cups. It's more money but IMHO well worth it.

I have never found any mfg adhesive mounts to work well.

Edited by baloo&bd

I'd like to mount my 60cx in two vehicles and be able to go back and forth easily. The two options I've come up wt flexible in case I want to use it in a different car with no base on the dash. Any experience with mounting the suction cup to an adhesive base?

suctioncup.jpg

FWIW - I don't think you need the quick release parts, The arm (one with the screw B201-C) will release with just a couple twists - I have them for scanners, radios, depth finders and that's all I do.

You would need 2 of the 1" ball bases for the bottom , same as the top- either screw or adhesive mount (screw better in my book). This would save you 5 bucks or so an IMHO be stronger.

I've never seen the quick release part in person.

They will hold tight and shouldn't shake - RAM is GOOOOD stuff.