Oldest Dead Horse

You can do better than that...

Mar 30 2001, 04:47 AM - Krepism - talking about setting up the first Utah event...

Maybe I am just beating a dead horse here, like every agrees this is a great idea to bring good PR and I will take on the responsibility to make sure it is cleaned up even if enough people dont show.

Apr 29 2001, 02:47 PM Ron Streeter - talking about giving spoilers as photos

If you don't want to take the chance that you'll be EXPOSED to too much help, JUST DON'T GO TO THE PAGE ! And as far as righteous indignation that someone would PRESUME to sully a cache by taking and publishing pictures of it, I think relaxing a bit is in order. It is not done with the idea that the publisher is going to RUIN anyone's cache by being too revealing.

I think Lee is right...too much being made of this, and this subject was beaten to death by some of the above posters the first time it came up a few weeks ago.(IMHO)

Just as it might be inappropriate to "give away the end of the movie" it is inappropriate to "beat a dead horse" let alone to resurrect it.

Jun 6 2001, 05:09 AM leaper64 in the thread "The need for a Geocaching Council/Sanctioning Body"

enough already!

this horse is dead. why does everything that is cool end up getting ruined by a group of people who feel the need to "sanction" it. i think that jeremy is justified in any moves he has made. jeremy has almost single-handedly made geocaching what it is today.....give him the credit he deserves. along with that, give him the authority he needs to keep this ball rolling. as for the "rules" of geocaching: TAKE SOMETHING, LEAVE SOMETHING, SIGN THE LOG. that's all there is to it boys. if you want to do a little more-or-less, feel free to do it. and lastly.....if you don't like it, take your ball and go home. add my .02 to the pot.

Dead horses and laughing llamas abound in these forums but someone posted the first topic that eventually became the first dead horse.

Can anyone find that topic? My money says it wasn't about webcams, Waymarking, or even micro's...

Do Upinyachit's meltdowns count?

EDIT: Took me a while to find any, since he's banned, and had changed username to Broncoholics.

Here's a flame war over "vacation caches" from 2002.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

Ok, I think I have found an even older dead horse.

January 13 2001, 1:35 PM - john - talking about Environmental concerns...

Like everything else this horse can be beaten beyond death. While we can't totally eliminate every possible ramification of our visits we can not only minimize our negative impact while maximizing the positive. Pack out more than you pack in.

Later on, Feb 22 2001, 05:05 AM, Krepism officially pronounced it beaten to death.

Im suer this issue has been beaten to death, but my last thoughts are this:

So, does that make environmental concerns the oldest dead horse?