Woohoo! Or, Just when you thought your travel bug was gone for good

ElectricZ

It's a little thing to have happen, but my travel bug more cowbell popped back into circulation after a 9 month vacation. It's actually the second time now that it disappeared from the radar and come back from the dead. I honestly didn't expect to see it again and it made my day to get the automatic notification that it had been placed in a new cache.

What's the longest a bug went missing and came back? I know 9 months can't even be close. Anybody else had similar reunions?

EZ

One that I had moved was picked up by a cacher, and held for nineteen and a half months before being put out again. And this is a cacher with over 1900 found caches!

Probably too busy with smilies to be concerned with someone's trackable that they paid good money for. :unsure:

Anyways, I found This TB, One cache at a time that was held onto, unlogged, for 8 days short of two years by an old school cacher who rarely logged his finds online. It was still logged into a cache 50 miles away when I grabbed it last June, and got it back on the road.

Editing, I just noticed the TB referenced by the OP was legitimately logged, and in someones "hands" for 9 months. This happens a lot. I know one on my watchlist that's been in someone's hands for over 2 years. I think it's a much more amazing story when a TB that was taken from a cache unlogged, is marked missing, or even moved to a TB graveyard cache turns up after a year or more.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel