Question on Topo Lines on Custom Topo Maps

eaparks

I have made Custom Maps just using Tracks and Waypoints in the past for my 60CSx but just made my first custom map using Topo and Hydrography and have a question on when the topo lines appear (at what scale) in both Mapsource and on the GPSr. All of my topo and hydrography data appears on both Mapsource and the GPSr, but not in the best usuable fashion. All hydrography data shows up at all scales/zoom levels correctly without any problems but the topo lines don't appear to be showing up properly. I have to change the detail on the GPSr from "more" to "less" or "least" to make the topo lines show up at any zoom level under 0.8 mi. sacale on the GPSr. On Mapsource no topo lines show up at all on the 0.7 mi. scale with detail set to "highest"; swithch to "high" and all topo lines appear. Change to 0.5 mi. scale and I have to lower the detail from "highest" to "higher" for topo lines to appear. In Mapsource this procedure continues (the more detailed the mileage zoom level is (0.7, 0.5, 0.2, etc.), the lower the "map detail setting" (highest, higher, high, medium, etc.) has to be set at. Is this correct? I am wanting to see my topo contour lines at lower zoom levels but they eventually disappear completely on the GPSr at a zoom level of 200' not matter what detail setting the GPSr is set to. I know there are topo lines that should be appearing but aren't. I am using topo line contours of 20', 200' and 500' and called my self following the directions for Custom Topo Maps exactly. I have actually done the entire map from scratch 2 times thinking I'd made a mistake, but still get the same results. The area I am looking at only varies in elevation from 300' MSL to 500' MSL.

One thing that I do need to add is that I am using 2 custom maps for the same area at the same time, both transparent. One custom map has the topo and hydrography on it and the other custom map has roads, trails, tracks, and waypoints on it. Both do show up at the same time and both are transparent at the same time when looking at Mapsource Maps. Didn't think this would be part of the problem but just wanted to give the entire picture of what is going on.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

I may have found my own problem. I was inspecting my test_pv.txt file and noticed that the Level0=20 and Level1=17 both had changed to 19 and 13 respectively. I have no idea when or how this would have happened but maybe once I correct these my topo lines will show up in a more normal/usable fashion.