Magellan - Support

Find-me

I have had a few questions about my new Explorist and software compatability/availability. In addition to asking around (including here) and running some Internet/forum searches, I used the Magellan web support page to see if I could get some answers right from the manufacturer.

After three separate queries over the past two weeks, I have not received so much as an acknowledgement of my questions (much less any answers). I'll give it another day or so and perhaps I'll try a phone call.

I like my Explorist 500. It works well and was fairly easy to figure out. Appears to be robust and I got it for a good price.

I am a little disappointed with the maps available for my area (very limited street maps for Canada; Topo maps are OK but appear to be several years out-of-date). Have failed in my attempt to get better information from Magellan.

Pretty disgusted with customer support.

Just some comments about my experience with Magellan so far. Possibly this might encourage someone planning to buy a new GPSr to ask questions first!!

I'll come back and add to this post if they come through with some answers.

Find-me

& why do you think there is a website

Because gpsdiscount.com, a vendor that sells GPS products, understands the value of domain registration. If that page wasn't actually an alias for a vendor's website but did instead actually contain ranting and raving about actual sucking (e.g "paypalsucks.com") that point would have more credence.

The above statements are intended to be SOX compliant and in no way imply the presence or absence of suckage from any of the above vendors. They're intended to point out that there are folks that will spend the $5/year to get "anythingsucks.[com|biz|org|info|name|mob]" just to get the page traffic from it just becuase they see traffic opportunity on the site named "anything". Worked in this case, no?

I wish I'd been this experienced before some other hosebag registered gpsbabel.com....

I finally received a response from Magellan (online support). The information was not much help and they confirmed my concerns about some map issues. If I have any specific questions in the future, I will simply use the phone support option since it seems people are having better luck with this mode of communication.

Find-me