Website slowdown at ~11pm PST?

ShowStop

I've noticed a trend that's been bugging me lately. Right about 11:00 or 11:10pm PST, the GC.com website slows to a crawl. It seems like the database all of the sudden switches to snail mode. Am I the only one that notices this? Its pretty consistent every day at the same time. Is there a server job scheduled for that time that is doing something to the DB? This is prime time for me to log my finds and I always seem to wait 30secs or more for my find log to be accepted instead of the normal 2-4 secs. Just curious I guess.

Well i havent documented the times this occurs for me, but it happens a lot longer for me then 5 minutes, and it doesnt always occur at the wee hours of night. Ive had it happen during the day mostly on weekends. Most of my problems with Server too busy happen anytime between 11-5 or 6 night to morning eastern time

G'day

It happens around this time for me most nights at around 2:00 AM Seattle time (PST?) --- that is the timeout errors. Of course this is around 6:00 PM my time. :huh:

Being getting them for a good 1/2 hour this evening.

Andrew

Edited by Aushiker

I haven't noted the times but I notice slow downs in the mornings before wanting to go out caching. Say Friday morning, Saturday morning. I assumed it was a heavy traffic time with lots of people online doing the same thing as me -- trying to get up to date info to go out for the day. I notice the slow down for an extended period. Also early evenings a lot of the time. I get slow downs or just can't get on at all "Server busy" pages come up.