TomTom Poi Icon Problems

TMM-Sarah

I'm probably just being dopey but can anyone help me...

I'm trying to create a set of icons for the different types of caches for my TomTom Go500.

I have created the OV2 files and they are ok, but the icons just appear as a burgundy square not the Icons....

I have tried to make sure that the icons have been saved with the appropriate number of colours and the correct size but I still get the problem..

(To get the size and file type I looked at an existing Pocket GPS speed camera icon)

And yes before you ask the OV2 and the icon file names are the same..

Please help

TMM-Garf

Edited by the missus for atrocious spelling errors

Edited by The Morgan Mob

Size is what I make it also...

256 colours is that "Indexed" colour?

Reading off one I've got saved on the desktop!

Not Sure will need to check later at home as I left TomTom there today.

When you say "Indexed" what do you mean?

Colour mode, choice of: RGB, Greyscale, Bitmap, Indexed, CMYK, Lab Color etc, depending on which photo edit software you have.

Thanks everyone I have nearly finished sorting things out.

Just modifying some of Lord Elphs icons to give icons for the basic split of unfound caches etc.

Currently tweaking a French macro to do what I want, but I'm having no luck getting it to automatically load the POI straight onto TomTom at the moment.

If anyone can help then let me know and I will happily share what I have done so far...

So far it splits the unfound caches in the normal groups, trad, multi, mystery etc. Then pops the files in a specified folder and deletes the bitmaps as the ones it creates are all the same. (This is all done by the macro)

I then run a simple batch file manually to move the ov2 files to TomTom as trying to run the file from the macro does not seem to work.

Using the export rules you can tweak the name displayed on TomTom to show what you want I currently have GC***** the cache size, if there are any TB's in the cache and the Latitude and Longitude of the cache.

Again any help will be gratefully received.