moving a cache

You can move a cache a little way by yourself, but I think .2miles is beyond that limit, so you'll need to contact a mod (their profile should be reached by clicking on their name on the 'Published' log on your cache, or from a little link lower on the page) with the cache name and it new co-ords.

Alternatively you can archive the original cache and set up a fresh one at the new location. This makes more sense the further you get from the original location.

Edit: As it's a multi, I assume you just plan to move the final box. So, let the reviewer know the new location, and amend the formula on the page (or co-ords in a final micro you have to find, or however you've set the cache up) to point people to this new spot.

Edited by Simply Paul

As it's a Multi, update the Additional Waypoint. And advise the reviewer who published it [in this case ME :laughing: ] I'll do a proximity check to make sure it is not located to close to a waypoint from a separate cache.

If you wish to move a Traditional cache or the posted coordinates [those at the top of the page] for Multi/Puzzle caches, this can be done by visiting the edit page and clicking on the coordinate link. Owners can move caches up to 0.1 miles [528ft/161m] before hitting a system block after which it becomes a Reviewer only option.

Oh and a word of warning to anyone who believes they can beat the block by moving a cache over 0.1 miles in several moves, you will be caught as several cachers have found out :D