Enhancement Request - New Cache Size NANO

jshults (Rally Dude)

I would like new cache sizes that distinguish between .30 cal ammo boxes and .50 cal ammo boxes. The skinnier boxes can be hidden in spots where I wouldn't think of looking for a .50 cal. This has delayed me on many a cache find, causing me to spend extra minutes out in the woods.

Since the size differential between .30 and .50 caliber is far greater than the difference between a nano and a micro, I trust that a higher priority will be accorded to my request.

This would be great as the number of NANO caches seems to be growing lately...

:lol:

Do you have any idea how big a "nanometer" really is?

A nanometer is a unit of measure. Just like inches, feet and miles. By definition a nanometer is one-billionth of a meter. A meter is about 39 inches long. A billion is a thousand times bigger than a million, as a number you write it out as 1,000,000,000. That is a big number and when you divide a meter into one billion pieces, well that is very small. So small you cannot see something a nanometer in size unless you use very powerful microscopes like atomic force microscopes.

Until cachers need Atomic Force Microscopes, no Nano size description is needed.

A nanometer is a unit of measure. Just like inches, feet and miles. By definition a nanometer is one-billionth of a meter. A meter is about 39 inches long. A billion is a thousand times bigger than a million, as a number you write it out as 1,000,000,000. That is a big number and when you divide a meter into one billion pieces, well that is very small. So small you cannot see something a nanometer in size unless you use very powerful microscopes like atomic force microscopes.

Until cachers need Atomic Force Microscopes, no Nano size description is needed.

:)

He said "NANO caches", not "Nanometer sized caches".

Two definitions for "Nano" that might be appropriate, from Dictionary.com are:

Extremely small: nanoid.

and

[sI: the next quantifier below micro-;

It seems like a reasonable name to me, no need to get medieval on the guy.

Whether or not a new catagory (whatever the name might be) is necessary however, is something else entirely.

Would you prefer we called them teeny tiny caches?