Vista CX or a 60 csx?

taxabel

I'm trying to decide between these two units? Which one is easier to use for a beginner??

Don't know that one's *easier* than the other.

IMO, the 60 has the much better receiver (if you spend time in urban canyons, tree canopies) and the VistaCZ is less expensive.

If you do decide to go Vista, pls also consider the VentureCX. Substantially less $$$ and probably the best value in the CX line. All the important bits with none of the expensive bling.

I'm trying to decide between these two units? Which one is easier to use for a beginner??

I own a legendC and a 60cx, they are very similar in function but I will say for someone new the button layout is MUCH easier to use on the 60cx. Once you know how to use the etrex its nothing wrong with the layout of the buttons, just takes a bit to get used to(also the 60cx has labels on the buttons).

I also question how durable the click-stick is on the etrex, I could see it breaking after lots of use, I have big fingers and like the larger directional input of the 60cx.

The interfaces are somewhat similar. The Vista CX has buttons on the side and they are unlabelled, so operating them might take a bit more practice, but its nothing that is all that difficult.

The 60 has much better reception than the Vista CX under difficult conditions, though the Vista CX should perform well enough in nearly all instances.

If you will be using the unit a lot under heavy tree cover, the better reception of the 60 might be a better option. If you do a lot of hiking and backpacking, the smaller size of the Vista CX might be more attractive.

Hogrod questioned the durability of the clic-stick on the Vista CX, but I've had several Garmin units with this feature and it proved to be quite durable.

As Fratermus suggested, unless the electronic compasss is a feature you really desire, consider the Venture CX.