Tempting Fate Contest

fox-and-the-hound

fategold-1.jpg

That's right, my AE's just arrived on the doorstep and I couldn't be happier! Now's your chance to get one for yourself. If you've already Tempted the Fates and picked up one of these coins you've probably noticed the odd writing on either side of the face. InstantCoffee picked up on it first, but to my amazement no one has asked except for him what it said so...... First person who figures it out gets their very own Golden Fate! :rolleyes:

But wait, that's right, there's more! There's a little (or maybe not so little) "Easter Egg" hiding in this design, too. One that only Moun10Girl and Fox know about so far (even the boys at the store never noticed :D ). Figure it out and you could win this...

fatenickel-1.jpg

So put on your thinking caps and do a little research. Maybe you'll win both! :P

Edited by fox-and-the-hound

On my silver coin only 3 of the 4 shields are painted. The one on the lower left is painted black not orange/red. Or I should say it's left unpainted. But that doesn't answer the larger question, does it? <scratch, scratch>

Edited by Droo

Well, it looks like the writing on your coin is Elvish Tengwar, but it doesn't look like it's phonetic writing of English words, so I'm guessing it's actually in Elvish. And Elvish translation is beyond me. :P

:DElvish has left the building... TYTYVM!!! :rolleyes:

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

I think I got it!

Don't tempt fate

Move my coin

Steal this coin

At your peril

DING! DING! DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

PM me your mailing info :P

Still one more coin to win :D

Woo hoo! Thanks FatH! It paid to stay late at school tonight. :rolleyes:

Once I stumbled how to translate it, I was rushing to figure it out. I was half expecting to see some one else solve it first. Thanks for the contest!

Well, it looks like the writing on your coin is Elvish Tengwar, but it doesn't look like it's phonetic writing of English words, so I'm guessing it's actually in Elvish. And Elvish translation is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Looks like it wasn't beyond you :P

Do tell how you did it, I was trying to get it to work with rot13 :D

And all I can now see is just that "butterfly"

Its an M

DING! DING! DING! WE HAVE ANOTHER WINNER! :D

Moun10Girl said I should put a personal mark on it. What's more personal than your initial as big as you can fit it? :D

PM or email me your mailing info. I think I have it, but just in case :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for playing along! Time to get heading home now though. :P

postscript edit: I might just have another contest pretty soon if the other package that showed up is what I think it is. Stay tuned....

Edited by fox-and-the-hound