Geocoins are for the Birds!

UOTrackers

Birds_of_a_feather_ad.jpg

Please note, the birds have evolved some! They will not be as pictured above, I just didn't feel like re-doing that graphic!

birdflock01.jpg

This will be similar to the record project for anyone interested. Particulars to come as I get them. They will of course be trackable with a group icon.

If you'd like to be in this group flock please email me at UOTrackers@yahoo.com, subject "Birds"

Edited by UOTrackers

I like this one, but I like the birds in the tree better than the others because of the eyes (I am a parrot owner :P ) If you could lose two of those toes and those are available, I'd possibly be in for one of these.

I'll think about it. The original eyes creaped me out. I felt like I was being watched. I fixed the toes on the larger image due to a comment from someone else. Whichever design I go with the toes will be proper!

Oh, those are nice!!! I'd love to be in on this project (if I can afford to, that is). I particularly like the blue ones but the red one with the green eye patch is very nice too. Heck, they are all nice. Keep me in mind when if yoy are making a list.

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

If the design of the birds in the trees are used, it will add an extra color, unless you were going to have white elsewhere on the bird. Just a little something I noticed, and I believe most places give you up to 4 colors before they start charging for extra color.

This is just for the purpose of pointing out a couple things!

brids1thru4.jpg

1. The beak and feet are automatically Yellow, and around the eye is automatically white this leaves only two color options, and not many choices as to where to put the color.

2. As shown in original post, only the beak and feet are automatically chosen (yellow), this allows for 3 color options & multiple sections for those colors.

3. Beak and Feet automatically yellow, ring around eye white, 3 color options & multiple sections, but this makes it a 5 color coin.

4. Same as 1 except more sections for color.

I am starting a list of those interested in being part of the "Flock". Please send me an email to UOTrackers@yahoo.com, subject "Birds". For right now I just need your email address, real name and forum/cacher name.

I am thinking I will price these at a minimum order for 50, like the records. These will be cost a bit more than the records. I wont be posting any costs here on the forums. The initial idea is that the Original Flock will have a LE version, after their production the design will become available for others to order and personalize with a laser etched back instead of a die made backing. Also the LE Flock will have one type of metal that the later design will not be able to have. Pending a total amount made, maybe even a different icon?

My original thought on making these was to try and make a design that could easily be personalized so that the new folks wanting to get started don't have to invest $500- $1000+ on coins. I remember what it was like when I wanted to get started, about this time last year, and how the cost blew me away. So I'm hoping that this project will help others create a personal coin to get their start, at a decent price.

As someone who has had a parrot for 13years, I was the one who pointed out the feet issue :P

[mine is similar to the first picture]

Personally I would like to see some more color areas... though they wouldn't have to be different colors for everyone. one would be the 'shoulder' of the wing, and the other would be front of the head.

Do the Beak and feet have to be yellow?? they could be additional color options. My parrot doesn't have those areas those colors. I know I could always do my own, but if others have parrots they may also like those options.

These are examples of some typical coloration patterns of various parrots

23.jpg

amazon-parrot-med.jpg

macaw_parrot.jpg

15.jpg

meyers.jpg

I know you can't make it so that everyone's bird would be represented, and I would be happy as it is, just giving you some additional suggestions on the details :lol:

As someone who has had a parrot for 13years, I was the one who pointed out the feet issue :P

Personally I would like to see some more color areas... though they wouldn't have to be different colors for everyone. one would be the 'shoulder' of the wing, and the other would be front of the head.

Do the Beak and feet have to be yellow?? they could be additional color options. My parrot doesn't have those areas those colors. I know I could always do my own, but if others have parrots they may also like those options.

Hmm, maybe, I hadn't actually thought about that. I looked at "bird" on the net to get idea's, but not being a bird person didn't know which were which, I just saw pretty color patterns, and thought it was nice. I can play around a bit more maybe. I'd love to see at least 20 people in this initial "Flock" there are so far 12 people definitely interested. So we'll see!!! I'm very excited, and I myself want a couple color variations!

As someone who has had a parrot for 13years, I was the one who pointed out the feet issue :huh:

Hmm, maybe, I hadn't actually thought about that. I looked at "bird" on the net to get idea's, but not being a bird person didn't know which were which, I just saw pretty color patterns, and thought it was nice. I can play around a bit more maybe. I'd love to see at least 20 people in this initial "Flock" there are so far 12 people definitely interested. So we'll see!!! I'm very excited, and I myself want a couple color variations!

Having more areas that can be different colors gives some of us with parrots more options, though I'm sure our coins would cost more with additional colors. others can go with just a couple colors even though there are more areas without any additional costs.

just for reference, the pics above are of:

Blue Fronted Amazon

Double Yellow Amazon

Blue and Gold Macaw

Harlequin Macaw (I think, could be a Catalina though)

Meyers parrot

your orginal artwork does work well for the scarlet macaw (not pictured) which is probably one of the most used parrot images.

Now all we need is to be able to buy a tree to "roost" them on.

Hint, Hint, Hint.

My husband is kinda crafty, I suppose he could get out some wood and some saw things and cut out a tree. I"m fairly good with paint, throw some magnets on it , and it might just work!

Now all we need is to be able to buy a tree to "roost" them on.

Hint, Hint, Hint.

My husband is kinda crafty, I suppose he could get out some wood and some saw things and cut out a tree. I"m fairly good with paint, throw some magnets on it , and it might just work!

this post is for your husband....

Dude, I'm so sorry, didn't mean to add to your honey do list. what was i thinking? it's fishin season...

I HAVE 13 PARROTS

Wow, your home must be very loud at certain times of the day, lol! Do you have all McCaws?

No no macaws.....caiques, meyers, conures

Meyers parrots are SO sweet. Do you breed them or are all 13 pets? :rolleyes:

AG < -- who can't imagine having more than one cause the one I do have is SO loud and talkative!

A very interesting idea, and we, as others have said, would be interested, pending pricing. Is there a reason, other than added cost, why a fifth color would be unavailable? Also, I wonder if a minimum of 50 might be a little high. Again, final cost would have a lot to do with with whether we could handle that many.

UPDATE!

I've chosen a Vendor, HogWildStuff and am in the process of working out some details. A couple things I can tell you right now:

* You will be able to either choose a pre-designed colored bird/parrot OR you can choose the colors yourself, the pricing we are working on is for up to 5 colors. (more colors will be at an additional cost)

* There will be a couple metal finishes to choose from. (Not sure which ones yet, Samples have been ordered)

* You will have the option to completely customize your text OR Keep the original "Birds of a feather Cache Together" phrase

* The coin will measure 1.75" in height and be 3mm thick

*The Flock (series) will have it's own icon

* This is NOT a limited time offer, however subsequent joiners may be offered different metals than the original "flock" making the original Flock "special"

* There might be some surprises!

This page is where all the information will be when it's finalized. There are so far only 3 pre-designed color schemes but I will be doing more (for those who just don't feel up to doing it themselves)