Will 2gb disk hold topos and streets on my 60CSx...

I'd like to have both map types of the US saved on the unit, will 2gb suffice?

Also, how will I be able to access the two? Will they show as icons on the menu page on the GPSr?

I have topos already...2gb disk and mapsource city on the way. Or is the intent just to save the areas of a more finite region? I don't want to have to download every specific area every time I visit another region of the country.

This is all a little overwhelming right now, any insight greatly appreciated.

I'd like to have both map types of the US saved on the unit, will 2gb suffice?

Also, how will I be able to access the two? Will they show as icons on the menu page on the GPSr?

I have topos already...2gb disk and mapsource city on the way. Or is the intent just to save the areas of a more finite region? I don't want to have to download every specific area every time I visit another region of the country.

This is all a little overwhelming right now, any insight greatly appreciated.

Something to keep in mind is that you are limited to 2025 total maps on your 60CSx and for Mapsource’s U.S. Topo there are ~5,187 topo maps for the continental U.S. (East & West) and this does not include Alaska and Hawaii. A good reason for Gamin to come out with a compressed (NT) version of topo maps or increase the 2,025 map limit.

These number may not be exact but are very close.

City Navigator North America v8 NT = 47 map segments = 849.1 MB (continental U.S. only)

Add an additional 16 more map segments = 97.5 more MB to include Canada

City Navigator North America v8 = 309 map segments = 1633 MB (U.S. & Canada)

U.S. Topo East = 2,565 map segments = 658.1 MB

U.S. Topo West = 2,622 map segments = 648.9 MB

City Select v6 = 995 map segments = 1,426.9 MB (continental U.S. only)

I see. Thank you for that data, that puts things in perspective.

Looks like I'll have to trim some fat to get it all one one disk, if I still go that route.

I have a 2gb card on order for my 60CSx. i plan on putting all the Cont. US in City Nav, and a Good chunk of Topo West maps of Place I am likely to go and need Topo maps--Colorado, New Mexico, West Texas and maybe Utah. It is not perfet but it should meet my needs nicely! :D