NEPAGCA

matcat

nepagcalogo.gif

Ok, I am going to try to get this idea off the ground. I do not claim to own, control, or in any shape govern this! I am only putting out the groundwork for the local community to put something together :blink:. I will have a website soon.

I am not the best graphics designer, but I am a darned good programmer and website programmer :blink: so if anyone wants to take a better stab at this logo, and or offer any better name ideas, lets here it :D.

Also any other ideas related to this, please post here!

Thanks,

MatCat

Matcat:

It sounds like a plan, go for it ....good luck.

If I could be any help give me a yell. I'm an old guy that likes to hide things.

I don't think there will be a problem putting a group together. After meeting some of them myself I believe they are a fine lot.

Except for one guy up on the mountain, who I think is afraid of the dark..

Keep us informed on your progress.

Nepa= Bradford, Susqe., Pike, Wayne, Lack, Luzerne, Wyoming, Sullivan, Columbia, Carbon, Monroe.

OBG

Except for one guy up on the mountain, who I think is afraid of the dark..

Keep us informed on your progress.

Nepa= Bradford, Susqe., Pike, Wayne, Lack, Luzerne, Wyoming, Sullivan, Columbia, Carbon, Monroe.

OBG

Scratch that, I got a BIG flashlite now. :rolleyes:

Hehe, I should have an actual website up for everyone to check out by tonight or tommorow, the layout and format of it is pretty much done, just have to do some tweaking to make it render right in both Internet Explorer and Firefox (As a professional, its hard for me to not just make a website simple :rolleyes:)

Some really nice weather we are getting this week, I hope everyone is enjoying it, wish I wasn't stuck in the office, or I would go find some caches, hehe.

No I never officially asked for permission to use the logo, however I am following the guidelines and restrictions for its use as posted at the bottom of every website on geocaching.com :rolleyes:, Yeah I'm not to fond of the word NEPAGCA, but, I can't think of anything else, and no one else has yet to offer any better suggestions :huh:. I chose not to go with NEPAGA, Do to the fact that it was already tried under that name, and didnt work.

Did anyone ask Jeremy about using the logo? Just to be polite and to avoid copyright infringement and all that!

Edited to add:

"Nepagca"...kind of sounds like a Native American word...or a Boy Scout thing...or an old-fashioned stomach remedy...or something.

What about NEPAG for "Northeast Pennsylvania Geocachers"?

Hrm, NEPAG sounds promising :huh:.

Much shorter and more pronunciable too :rolleyes:.

NEPAC (Northeastern Pennsylvania Cachers)

NEPAGEO (Northeastern Pennsylvania GEOcachers)

^^^

Hrm, reminds me of a car...

NEPAAG (Northeastern Pennsylvania Association of Geocachers)

I dunno, a few ideas just hit me, hehe.

Ok I have a page up and running here: http://nepagca.somee.com/

Note this is a temporary location, and obvious the site needs a lot of work :rolleyes: But I am not going to put a lot of design effort into it until we have a crew together that can make decisions together. This should serve the purpose of getting the founding members to come together, whomever they may end up being, so that official plans may be made. Please let me know what you think!

Just a note, that the site is on a free hosting site for the moment, and I do plan on getting it on a much more reliable site, but I forwarn that I have noticed the site to be a bit squierrly on the host it is on, so if you notice it acting odd, just ignore it :rolleyes:

Hey everyone. After a few failed attempts at a local caching organization from NEPA cachers (two that I can remember) , lets ALL try to make this one work. Great job Matcat with the design! Now it's on to your website. Keep in touch, we (Team WBFD & BoKnowsCaching) will help with whatever we can!!!

Too close to SEPAG! :):):laughing:

Hey, don't you "southerners" be starting trouble! :):blink::(

Seriously, if it works for them...

NEPAG or NEPAC would work for me. :)

hmm.... NEPAGx ?

I was going to suggest TRIGO, but that one's already taken. It sounds like a neat name though!

I really do like NEPAG. The shorter the acronym, the better.

Hey, I wonder WHO is going to design the official NEPAG geocoin? If only there happened to be someone around with the artistic talent and impeccable good taste needed to undertake such an endeavor.... :)

Too close to SEPAG! :):):laughing:

Hey, don't you "southerners" be starting trouble! :):blink::laughing:

Seriously, if it works for them...

NEPAG or NEPAC would work for me. :laughing:

hmm.... NEPAGx ?

I was going to suggest TRIGO, but that one's already taken. It sounds like a neat name though!

I really do like NEPAG. The shorter the acronym, the better.

Hey, I wonder WHO is going to design the official NEPAG geocoin? If only there happened to be someone around with the artistic talent and impeccable good taste needed to undertake such an endeavor.... :(

Hmmmm.... I might know one or two people with experience and capable of the task :)

I like NEPAG as well. Much easier to develop logos, symbols, etc. I was playing around last night and had to cut it short. Hope to have a good logo/T-shirt design here quickly though. :)

Hehe, I was actually thinking about the 'offical' coin last night, and thought how cool it would be to have custom coins :). Once the page has collected enough interested people (And its doing good sofar! The page has already logged 11 entries in less then 10 hours!) , I will put together a verification system that will work via email so everyone can have a way to login to the site. Once this is setup, I will implament a voting system for everyone to have a fair and equal vote to choose who the 'staff' will be, depending on those who selected that option on signup that they are interested. I will give much more detail in an email as soon as it is ready.

Hey Matcat...you should put a link to the NEPAG (Can I call it that yet? I like that name!) site on your profile page. There are many local cachers who check out a new person's profile when they see it but who rarely ever visit the forums. Once you start hitting lots of caches, those people will become aware of the website you're creating.

This is very rough draft of what I was playing with, but gives you the idea...

NEPAG2copy.jpg

Wow, Chris, That is awesome! I like it a lot, particularly how the beams radiate outward in diminishing intensity. The focal point is obviously NEPA, but there is the feeling of inclusion rather than exclusion in regard to the rest of the state. The monochromatic color scheme is classy and a nice reflection of the technology that is so integral to the game/sport. I am not familiar with that many other geocaching organizations' logos, but I seem to recall that many rely on the official gc.com four-color logo as a starting point. The simplicity of this design would translate well into other media (t-shirts, coins, etc.). Great job!

Lots of people are watching this thread & I was planning on having an event cache this Sunday. Only prob. is that you have to have an event planned 2 weeks in advance. How about some of the NEPA cachers meet at the parking coords (41 12.525 075 47.359) for a hike to the following caches on Sunday, March 18th @ 8 in the morning? Reply here is your up for it.

Winds of Change

Tilting the Windmills

I know a lot of people have done these caches, but at least it's a start to put some caching names with faces. Hopefully we'll meet some newbie cachers and recognize <_< some of our caching buddies. We hope to see you there!!!

Lots of people are watching this thread & I was planning on having an event cache this Sunday. Only prob. is that you have to have an event planned 2 weeks in advance. How about some of the NEPA cachers meet at the parking coords (41 12.525 075 47.359) for a hike to the following caches on Sunday, March 18th @ 8 in the morning? Reply here is your up for it.

Winds of Change

Tilting the Windmills

I know a lot of people have done these caches, but at least it's a start to put some caching names with faces. Hopefully we'll meet some newbie cachers and recognize <_< some of our caching buddies. We hope to see you there!!!

Definitely something I'd be up for, let me check with Fox & Moun10Girl :unsure:

I really love that new artwork for the logo! I will add that to the site and change everything from NEPAGCA to NEPAG as soon as I get off from work.

Also I am deffinately game for that on Sunday! I would probably have to find a ride though <_<. Also great idea about putting the link in my profile, I will do that when I get home aswell.

Winds of Change

Tilting the Windmills

Well, since one of those the above caches is mine :unsure: I'll try and make the shin-dig if possible.

Ok I have updated the website with the new Logo, and changed the wording to reflect 'NEPAG'! Thanks so much Fox & Hound for the great logo! Once I get paid this week, I am going to move it to a better host. nepag.org is not available, so I may get either nepageocaching.org, if anyone has any ideas for the domain name, let me know!

Ok I have updated the website with the new Logo, and changed the wording to reflect 'NEPAG'! Thanks so much Fox & Hound for the great logo! Once I get paid this week, I am going to move it to a better host. nepag.org is not available, so I may get either nepageocaching.org, if anyone has any ideas for the domain name, let me know!

Shoot! I just finished the .EPS <_< Oh, well, here it is now and I'll email you the scaleable stuff. :unsure:

OfficialLogoMaster.jpg

maybe NEPA-GEO.ORG, NEPAGX.ORG, NEPA_GEO.ORG or NEPA_GX.ORG?

Edited by fox-and-the-hound

Nice couple of improvements. The stronger contrast is appealing, and I like the narrower and longer rays. Very nice!

Little Whistler just saw the logo and asked what it said. When I told him it said Northeast Pennsylvania Geocachers, he said "That's us!". :laughing:

As for the domain name, I think web addresses that don't have underscores in them are preferable. It's always nice if a web address is easy to remember.

What about nepageocache.org or nepageo.org?

Ok, just saw the note for slogans. Thought of couple, although not all were appropriate :laughing: "Geocachers do it outdoors!" <_< No, seriously maybe...

"Exploring the world, One cache at a time."

"Living life instead of just watching it."

"Hike & Play in Northeast PA"

"Get up, Get out, Go Caching!"

"The World is Our Playground"

hmmm....still thinking :laughing:

Ok, just saw the note for slogans. Thought of couple, although not all were appropriate :laughing: "Geocachers do it outdoors!" <_< No, seriously maybe...

"Exploring the world, One cache at a time."

"Living life instead of just watching it."

"Hike & Play in Northeast PA"

"Get up, Get out, Go Caching!"

"The World is Our Playground"

hmmm....still thinking ;)

I love all of em, but I would think something original would be best.

Hrm, "Hike & Play in Northeast PA", I love it, but it doesn't sound very geocaching ;) And I think I've heard it before, but I could be wrong :laughing:

Woohoo! I just upgraded to Premium membership! But bah, it takes up to 2 days to kick in :laughing: Ahh well, such is life. Anyway I ordered a TB too, hehe. Ok, before today is over, I will have moved the site to its own host. I am either going to get nepageocachers.org, or nepageocache.org, Personally I like nepageocachers.org myself the best, it seems to me (anyway) to be the easyest to remember and stick out best.

Ok, just saw the note for slogans.

Since you're almost copying SEPAG's name, how about almost copying their slogan.

"Almost Never Lost"

"Rarely Lost"

"Sometimes Lost but we have GPSrs"

Or if those aren't right, how about:

"North of SEPAG"

"They have the Liberty Bell, we have rocks"

"Trackinthebox was ours"

"We're almost part of NY (or NJ, whichever is more positive)"

Here's an idea for a slogan...

NEPAG - Discovering Northeastern Pennsylvania's Hidden Treasures

or

Geocaching...Discovering Northeastern Pennsylvania's Hidden Treasures