SCAVOK Handmade Geocoin

scavok

Now officially approved as the 1st and (currently) only handmade trackable geocoin series that happens to be my signature coin. Wohoo.

As of now the tracking number will be a "Generic Geocoin" code but if by some miracle a couple hundred are sold it will get its own tracking code series and icon.

If you would like to purchase one, reply here and I will message you with details, or I am also selling them on eBay. Just search for "Handmade Trackable Geocoin" without the quotes "" .

All orders will be customizable with up to a 25 character line to go around the perimeter and a 6 character word in the center.

The coin is made of lead (Pb) but after molding, hammering and engraving, it will be clear coated

for safe handling. The face of the coin is protected by a raised edge (much like a penny or nickel is) and

then filled with a clear enamel/epoxy to give it a smooth, protected surface.

Coin will be made and shipped 3-5 days after payment if purchased through eBay since I already have the codes reserved for those. Otherwise it maybe a little longer so I can purchase codes accordingly (probably once weekly groups of coins will be shipped out).

Asking price is $14.99

After supplies I only make less than a buck from it but like I said, if lots are ordered I use that buck to purchase a custom icon for it. Otherwise it just buys this starving college student some school lunches.

To make your order please visit:

http://www.scavok.com/geocaching/coinorder.php

The photo doesn't do it justice, but here it is.

coin.jpg

Edited by scavok

So curiosity has the better of me..by what process did you get this approved? And who approved it? Were there any special requirements because it's handcrafted?

My reasoning is that in an early discussion, I voiced that there are others in the GC community that are artisan and might like to hand-make their coins and make them trackable. thanx

I'm curious also........how did you get yours trackable? Did you have to buy a group or lot of tracking numbers. It looks like your tracking # for that handmade coin is GG not PC, are you using another coins tracking # for your personal coin?

I think your example here is opening up some ideas and/or questions as to what is allowed. Any details you could provide would be appreciated.

Tsun.

Put me down for one. What does the other side look like?

Great, danoshimano!

The other side is variable, you can have it personalized with whatever family friendly text (up to 25 characters including spaces), but no images. The series is only approved for text. If you don't want it personalized it will have my slogan (arranged so it fits) "Not all who wander are lost".

Great, danoshimano!

The other side is variable, you can have it personalized with whatever family friendly text (up to 25 characters including spaces), but no images. The series is only approved for text. If you don't want it personalized it will have my slogan (arranged so it fits) "Not all who wander are lost".

I guess you're not answering questions in this thread.

Great, danoshimano!

In that case I may want two. I assume your geoname will also appear on the custom side?

I'm curious also........how did you get yours trackable? Did you have to buy a group or lot of tracking numbers. It looks like your tracking # for that handmade coin is GG not PC, are you using another coins tracking # for your personal coin?

I think your example here is opening up some ideas and/or questions as to what is allowed. Any details you could provide would be appreciated.

Tsun.

Sorry tsun for taking so long to post an answer, I've been in and out all day.

Generally no, I don't want this thread to turn into a rules and applications thread but I have no problems otherwise (:

I simply submitted my general design with the idea of it being trackable. I was asked to provide a photo and agree to some terms that IMHO don't need to be publically disclosed (though Bryan is more than welcome to if he so desires). I was given approval for selling them as is with the GG prefix tracking codes that I pay a non-bulk rate for (unfortunately I have to make this up in the price).

You can PM me if you want more specific info or start a discussion thread otherwise.

Fun Stuff! Thanks All!

Tsun.

Sorry tsun for taking so long to post an answer, I've been in and out all day.

Generally no, I don't want this thread to turn into a rules and applications thread but I have no problems otherwise (:

I simply submitted my general design with the idea of it being trackable. I was asked to provide a photo and agree to some terms that IMHO don't need to be publically disclosed (though Bryan is more than welcome to if he so desires). I was given approval for selling them as is with the GG prefix tracking codes that I pay a non-bulk rate for (unfortunately I have to make this up in the price).

You can PM me if you want more specific info or start a discussion thread otherwise.

Fun Stuff! Thanks All!

No, you answered what I was wondering about (tracking codes). Thank you for the info. B) Tsun.

I have received a couple dozen requests and about half as many paid orders over the past day. If you have paid you should have been shown a link to a page on my website where a list will be posted and updated for order status.

If you lost that link just post here or email me and I'll send it to you.

Thanks all!

After some emails and mis communications with Groundspeak I figured I'll just do it all out.

Trackable with a Personal Coin prefix and a custom coin w/ anvil icon. icon-32.gif

geocoin.jpg

You can get it with my slogan on it and a simple clear coat or have it customized to order.

Send me an email or you can order them at Scavok.com

I think the geocaching world needs more original items. No manufacturing here!

Thanks all!

Hey thanks for the pics, rasj!

Glad you all like them! I was overwhelmed with the interest in the coins and had to actually disable sales on my website while I catch up. I'm doing my best here to get them out ASAP (:

The rest *should* ship out this weekend at the very latest!

Hey thanks for the pics, rasj!

Glad you all like them! I was overwhelmed with the interest in the coins and had to actually disable sales on my website while I catch up. I'm doing my best here to get them out ASAP (:

The rest *should* ship out this weekend at the very latest!

You're welcome. :) If you want some hi-res pics of your coin just let me know and I'll email them to ya.

Just wanted to let everyone know that all U.S. orders were shipped out on Saturday and all international orders went out today (the automated weekend machine at the post office doesn't do international shipping, which I didn't know, so sorry about that!).

I've also been told about an issue with activation code retrieval on my website. It'll be fixed soon.

edit to note that most activation requests work, if not then just email me and I'll give it to you.

I hope everyone likes them!

Edited by scavok

I received my SCAVOK geocoins today.

First one I tried to activate came up a blank screen :lol: I assume that is the aforementioned issue.

Yes, that was the issue. Couldn't quite figure it out but you can either email me or the website is working now.

After really giving my hands a bit of a rest I am happy to say that my coins are available for purchase again.

Last time took my by surprise with how popular they were, but I have my system in better shape and I can't wait to pound some more out.

This is the first (and currently only) authorized handmade geocoin on geocaching.com. It has a PC prefix and is trackable with its own anvil/coin icon icon-32.gif.

Diameter: ~2 in

Thickness: ~.25 in

Finish is brushed, made of lead (clear coated or epoxied for safe handling).

Hand poured, hammered, and finished specifically for each order.

You can visit www.SCAVOK.com to view prices which vary according to what you want on your coin.

geocoin.jpg

If you have questions, post them here or send me a message through geocaching.com or my website.

The world needs some originality; I enjoy making these and I'm sure you will enjoy owning them.

Thanks!