What do you take with you?

geopoms

Happy Friday everyone! I am finally able to go on my very first geocache hunt tomorrow. I would like to know what things you all take with you. I remember seeing a list somewhere, but I can't find it now.

Here's what I'm taking with me:

water

extra battery for GPSr

flashlight

pen

dog poop bags

first aid kits (human and dog)

camera

small goodies to put in the cache

cache notes

Is there anything I'm missing? Thanks in advance!

Jennifer & and the geo-dogs

Happy Friday everyone! I am finally able to go on my very first geocache hunt tomorrow. I would like to know what things you all take with you. I remember seeing a list somewhere, but I can't find it now.

water

extra battery for GPSr

flashlight

pen

dog poop bags

camera

cache notes

well you probably thought of this already but i had to throw it in... u said xtra batteries but what about ur gpsr..

How many of you carry walking sticks?

that might be something to consider carrying.

The caches Ive been finding lately are not just there - usually there is a bunck of brush etc covering them. I don't want to go blindly sticking my hands in a pile of kindling so to speak.

gloves for picking up or moving nasty stuff, screw driver and needle nose pliers, for poking around and retrieving and opening some caches, a little note pad to jot down notes about the cache, exrtra pen plastic baggies, some type of bag or knapsack to hold all this. Cellphone is a real emergency neede item. Little flashlight for those dark places.

It all depends on where you are hunting caches. If you are heading off deep into the forest you should bring enough to spend the night in case of an emergency. You never know if you will get lost, snap an ankle or whatever and being prepared may save your life, or at the very least keep you from being extremely uncomfortable

If you are just caching around town and in local dog poop parks then all you really need is a GPS, a pen some swag and maybe a flashlight.

When I first started Geocaching I would take anything and everything with me! I always looked like I was about to embark on a three day excursion for what was really just a 10 minute trek into the woods. More recently however I have started carrying less and less with me and now I only carry the bare essentials which are my GPS unit, a pen to write with, and maybe a couple of trade items.

Edited by heyjonathan101

water

extra battery for GPSr

flashlight

pen

dog poop bags

camera

cache notes

I'm almost always packin' heat...

I take my dog. B) He's my most important accessory. Second most important--my camera. Third...my cell phone in case I do something stupid.

Mini-backpack with swag, note pad, extra log books, pens, bandana, sig cards, flashlight, tissues, snack baggies, plastic bag (for CITO), frozen water bottle, dog treats, hidey-pokey stick. That's about it. Oh yeah...GPSr. :(

Edited by PlantAKiss

If you do any kind of micro caching tweezers are a must! One day wee found a micro but couldn't get the log out so we ran over to a local store, bought some tweezers and used them to fetch the log with ease and we've been packing them with us ever since.

How many of you carry walking sticks?

that might be something to consider carrying.

The caches Ive been finding lately are not just there - usually there is a bunck of brush etc covering them. I don't want to go blindly sticking my hands in a pile of kindling so to speak.

I always take a walking stick when I am on foot. On the bike I have a pair of leather gloves to stick my hand into and under those old logs.

On foot the stick has helped me back off dog attacks. On the bike I just get on the other side of it.

But none of these has ever happend to me while after a cache.

I always take a snack with me...Protein bar, or something. I always seem to stay out a lot longer than I plan to......Just one more then I will head home. Pretty soon supper has came and gone.