What do you leave?

NotallwhowanderRlost

Coolest thing I found: A tie between the ball protion of a titanium hip implant and a ring made out of a hammered, cut nail.

Some things that I've left in caches:

Small US flags

US flag pins

modeling clay

individual packs of insect repellent wipes

carabiners

Energizer squeeze lights

stickers

Ckip on ball and zipper pull compasses

bags of toy soldiers

water colors

mini screwdriver sets

allen wrench sets

gel pens

boxes of crayons or colored chalk

emergency rain ponchos

packs of AA batteries

collectable coins (buffalo nickels, indian head pennies, SBA or Sacagawea dollars)

music CDs

blank RW CDs

cassettes (blank and recorded)

calculators

clip on safety strobes

bungee cords

LED key lights

"euro" stickers & other decals

mini sewing kits

maps (hiking & road)

software

travel packs of Wet Ones or Baby Wipes

Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars

key rings

packs of Hefty Handi Sacks

bags of balloons

rolls of camo duct tape

velcro fasteners

interesting buttons

padlocks

foreign money

rolls of film

electrical tape

Slinky Jrs.

kazoos

movies on VHS & DVD

office supplies (packs of paper clips, thumb tacks, Post-Its, etc...)

Mylar emergency blankets

decks of cards

wallets

Pick Up Sticks

individual packs of Armor-All & Rain-X wipes

survival whistles

travel packs of facial tissue

Wheresgeorge bills and stamps

Geocaching.com hats, pins and patches

Edited by briansnat

Let's see if I can come up with anything not on briansnat's list.

• beaded necklace
  • beaded bracelet
  • antenna ball
  • bandana
  • compact mirror
  • rubber stamp
  • ruler
  • hand warmers
  • knit winter cap
  • paperback book
  • zipper pull
  • state quarter
  • dog toy
  • fishing tackle (sinkers, spinner blades)
  • jump rope
  • yoyo
  • coin purse
  • nail clippers (in plastic bag)
  • bubble level
  • craft kit
  • blaze orange vest

Does anyone use Oriental Trading Co. for the things they leave?

Yep, OTC is a popular place to get trade items. I recall a local geocacher who ordered something like a few dozen rubber martians from OTC. He didn't realize that each order was not 1 rubber martain, but a dozen.

We're still finding the little guys in caches 2 years later.

I work for a company that tried selling jewelry for a while. It didn't pan out so we're left with hundreds of very nice wooden Jewelry Boxes (ring & necklace sized) which we've been trying to give away for free. If they were the least bit water resistant I'd consider using some for micro caches but instead I picked up a few dozen rings/necklaces, filled the jewelry boxes and have been leaving them whenever I find a regular/large cache. The j-boxes are actually worth more than the dollar store rings I filled them with but kids love'em. <_<

If anyone wants some boxes and lives in/will be visiting PA/NJ/NY let me know. We still have lots.

I work for a company that tried selling jewelry for a while. It didn't pan out so we're left with hundreds of very nice wooden Jewelry Boxes (ring & necklace sized) which we've been trying to give away for free. If they were the least bit water resistant I'd consider using some for micro caches but instead I picked up a few dozen rings/necklaces, filled the jewelry boxes and have been leaving them whenever I find a regular/large cache. The j-boxes are actually worth more than the dollar store rings I filled them with but kids love'em. <_<

If anyone wants some boxes and lives in/will be visiting PA/NJ/NY let me know. We still have lots.

I live in NY...I'd love to see these boxes!

I need to a token item I think...hmmmm....the choices!

I work for a company that tried selling jewelry for a while. It didn't pan out so we're left with hundreds of very nice wooden Jewelry Boxes (ring & necklace sized) which we've been trying to give away for free. If they were the least bit water resistant I'd consider using some for micro caches but instead I picked up a few dozen rings/necklaces, filled the jewelry boxes and have been leaving them whenever I find a regular/large cache. The j-boxes are actually worth more than the dollar store rings I filled them with but kids love'em. :huh:

Since you're in NJ, maybe you can make it up to Ringwood State Park, particularly Billy Bob's cache which is about 3/10 of a mile walk from my house???? I think there might be room for some of the smaller ones . . .

I've wanted to be a little creative so I bought some wooden disks and write who the "geodisk" is from, the date I put it in a cache, and stamp it with a pair of bare feet. On the flip side I try to find a nice sticker to put on.

Onr local Geocacher leaves a very old nickel at each cache. I love it when I find those!

I haven't come up with anything consistent for trade items, but I try to leave a little something and a token item. I made a bunch of sculpey clay disks and stamped each with a little hedgehog (I dunno why, I just like hedgehogs and had this stamp). I write the date and the number of the cache on the back when I find a log a new one. Other than that I've left marbles, pins, pens, small toys, etc.

EDIT: Having just read the welfare cache thread, I think I'll be upgrading my trades in the future.

Edited by SilverOak

ericles...those are pretty!!!

I love the disk ideas...I love doing creative stuff and plan on doing a small scrapbook on my first season!!! And then one for my travel bug...and...ok so I have a number of vices :huh:

Ok off to volunteer today...maybe some of the kids I see can come up with something.

I'll let you know...sometimes they have some of the best ideas!

Chat with you later

Have a magical Day!

anytime i see a thread about swag, i have to put my take in. ROCKS...leave as many rocks as possible!!! ok, maybe not, and i'm sure there will be a few grumbles at a post that says rocks are good swag. but hey, more than a few people like rocks. i leave crystals, fossils, polished rocks, seashells...all sorts of natural jewelry. i think rocks are great, and i wish i found more of em. that's my h.o.

anytime i see a thread about swag, i have to put my take in. ROCKS...leave as many rocks as possible!!! ok, maybe not, and i'm sure there will be a few grumbles at a post that says rocks are good swag. but hey, more than a few people like rocks. i leave crystals, fossils, polished rocks, seashells...all sorts of natural jewelry. i think rocks are great, and i wish i found more of em. that's my h.o.

I like diamonds... :huh:

and I would love to find pretty rocks that I can make jewlery with. (another one of those bad bad bad hobbies!!!) I need to find some of your caches!!!

But seriously...I like diamonds...