Find best priced bundled new Garmin GPS and Maps?

It looks like I will be shopping for the best source for a bundled Garmin GPS with included new unit UNLOCK code for the included GPS.

The map set I am looking for is CITY NAVIGATOR V8 DVD but I will settle for the older CITY SELECT V7 DVD.

Does anyone know if the Garmin NUVO has included map software? Or does anyone know of another configuration that has included map software??

I need to make sure that this would be a brand new unit, with unused YELLOW unlock certificate, that can be activated, so that it will give a second code, in addition to using the unlock code with the original unit.

Edited by Ellteejak

It looks like I will be shopping for the best source for a bundled Garmin GPS with included new unit UNLOCK code for the included GPS.

The map set I am looking for is CITY NAVIGATOR V8 DVD but I will settle for the older CITY SELECT V7 DVD.

Does anyone know if the Garmin NUVO has included map software? Or does anyone know of another configuration that has included map software??

I need to make sure that this would be a brand new unit, with unused YELLOW unlock certificate, that can be activated, so that it will give a second code, in addition to using the unlock code with the original unit.

AFAIk, the Nuvi does not come with maps on DVD, just on the unit.

This isn't a source, but if you're looking for a low cost Garmin that includes maps that can also be activated on a second GPSr, you might look at the i2. I bought the i2 for ~$199 last July (you can find it for less now). It came with CN NT V7 on DVD with a free upgrade to V8. I initially activated the maps on the i2, and then later used the second activation on my 60Cx.

This isn't a source, but if you're looking for a low cost Garmin that includes maps that can also be activated on a second GPSr, you might look at the i2. I bought the i2 for ~$199 last July (you can find it for less now). It came with CN NT V7 on DVD with a free upgrade to V8. I initially activated the maps on the i2, and then later used the second activation on my 60Cx.

Thanks for the good information!!

Garmin GPS 18 Deluxe for about $105. It comes bundled with City Select maps, but can be upgraded to the latest City Navigator maps for free.

That is a bargain!!

I just cancelled my order for a 76CSX at least for now. I will see if I can get one used that includes CITY SELECT or CITY NAVIGATOR activation and DVD already.

The Garmin 18 deluxe gives you a PC with UNLOCKED software for doing route navigation, as this GARMIN is just a sensor. I do not think I can use the extra UNLOCK code from the bundled CITY SELECT (aka CITY NAVIGATOR) to activate and install maps to my external stand alone GPS (like a 76CSX).

Edited by Ellteejak

Garmin GPS 18 Deluxe for about $105. It comes bundled with City Select maps, but can be upgraded to the latest City Navigator maps for free.

That is a bargain!!

I just cancelled my order for a 76CSX at least for now. I will see if I can get one used that includes CITY SELECT or CITY NAVIGATOR activation and DVD already.

The Garmin 18 deluxe gives you a PC with UNLOCKED software for doing route navigation, as this GARMIN is just a sensor. I do not think I can use the extra UNLOCK code from the bundled CITY SELECT (aka CITY NAVIGATOR) to activate and install maps to my external stand alone GPS (like a 76CSX).

Yes, you can. It's the cheapest way to get City Navigator maps. The only drawback is you only get one unlock code to use for another unit since one code is tied to the GPS 18. But it has the advantage of another gadget to play with.

Now that the GPS 10 has been discontinued, you can get the GPS 10 Deluxe package (with maps) for about $120. You might find a better price if you search around.

If you want the NT maps, then the Garmin Mobile 10 (GPS 10x with maps and software) for about $160. You could buy the maps cheaper than that, but I bought this package to use with a PDA.

If you already have a Palm TX, a Palm Treo phone, or a pocket pc, then you might consider the GPS 10 or Mobile 10 to use with it.

Edited by rwsmith123

Unless you already have an auto-mount and cigarette-lighter adapter, you will probably be needing those.

I got the best deal on the maps by getting them in a bundled package with those items. I got the maps, auto-mount, and cigarette-lighter adapter from one merchant and got the GPSr from a different merchant after shopping around for a long time.

Right now I am thinking of getting the Garmin I2 for the wife for a birthday present ($175), then I will have the software to use with the Garmin 76CSX.

Walmart has the Garmin I3 on sale right now for I think $189. This will give her a car GPS while giving me maps for my 76csx.

Best situation so far.

Right now I am thinking of getting the Garmin I2 for the wife for a birthday present ($175), then I will have the software to use with the Garmin 76CSX.

Walmart has the Garmin I3 on sale right now for I think $189. This will give her a car GPS while giving me maps for my 76csx.

Best situation so far.

Do you mean 12? Are you sure it comes with maps?

www.walmart.com has the garmin I3 (yes the I3 which is the color unit) on sale. The I2 is the black & white unit. The unit includes CITY SELECT on DVD. If I do not like what I get, then I drive over to Walmart and they take it back, full refund at the local store (even though I bought via mail order).

www.walmart.com has the garmin I3 (yes the I3 which is the color unit) on sale. The I2 is the black & white unit. The unit includes CITY SELECT on DVD. If I do not like what I get, then I drive over to Walmart and they take it back, full refund at the local store (even though I bought via mail order).

Ok, I thought you said "13" instead of "I3".

The Garmin I3 arrived. It has CITY NAVIGATOR NT V8 on DVD in the package. This is perfect. The 76CSX will work with the second UNLOCK code that Garmin includes with the I3. Just had to register everything on the Garmin web site.