Problem with watchlist emails?

HaLiJuSaPa

I've noticed that since Friday evening I am not getting any Watchlist emails sent to me, even though I have checked a few caches on my watchlist and they have new entries since then. Anyone else have this issue? I have checked my spam filter and that's not the problem. I also sent some test emails from another account to the one I have watchlist emails sent to and they came through fine. My ISP is Juno if that helps any. Thanks for whatever ideas you come up with.

FOURTH call to Shaw. Fourth "customer service" Rep.

Finally demanded the supervisor and he

CONFIRMED

!--Geocaching IS being blocked as a spammer due to excess "bouncebacks"

2-- Shaw wont do anything about my (our) request to "whitelist" GC.com/Groundspeak

3--Groundspeak must contact Shaw and deal (beg) with Shaw

Another forum discussing this problem CalgarycachersForum

You can complain to Shaw here Shaw Support

I will be posting this text in the other threads

Is everyone who responded below my 4/29 post using Juno? A Groundspeak tech responded to my email about it, she thinks Juno may suddenly be "throttling".

Yup, I was. I only used Juno for web based emails, not as our ISP. So I created a new account direct with my internet provider and literally within seconds of activating the account I started receiving messages again. So Juno started doing it too. If you get Juno to do anything lmk. :D I think though that this will continue to happen across all ISPs. Groundspeak needs to get white listed everywhere - now before everyone has trouble.

LOL - a notify email just came in. :blink:

Is everyone who responded below my 4/29 post using Juno? A Groundspeak tech responded to my email about it, she thinks Juno may suddenly be "throttling".

Yup, I was. I only used Juno for web based emails, not as our ISP. So I created a new account direct with my internet provider and literally within seconds of activating the account I started receiving messages again. So Juno started doing it too. If you get Juno to do anything lmk. :D I think though that this will continue to happen across all ISPs. Groundspeak needs to get white listed everywhere - now before everyone has trouble.

Groundspeak told me to give Juno two IP addresses for them to "unblock". I contacted Juno with that and it seemed to work (suddenly 54 "watchlist emails" from when this began were in my inbox.....hooray!). Hopefully it stays this way :D

Groundspeak told me to give Juno two IP addresses for them to "unblock". I contacted Juno with that and it seemed to work (suddenly 54 "watchlist emails" from when this began were in my inbox.....hooray!). Hopefully it stays this way :D

I too have juno and it seems to be fixed now....thanks to everyone who contacted juno!!

Groundspeak told me to give Juno two IP addresses for them to "unblock". I contacted Juno with that and it seemed to work (suddenly 54 "watchlist emails" from when this began were in my inbox.....hooray!). Hopefully it stays this way :o

I too have juno and it seems to be fixed now....thanks to everyone who contacted juno!!

Us too. Had over 50 emails this morning in Juno account so thanks to those that fixed it. I am still leaving our email switched to our regular ISP. I would gather Juno will not hesitate to block again. :shocked: Though I gather with the increase in traffic on our ISP it will happen there too. In light of that, HaLiJuSaPa, would you mind forwarding me the two ISP addresses you gave to Juno, so I have them on file when this occurs again? Thanks. :(

Shaw.ca emails also came in late last night. Does this seem a little like a coincidence that multi ISP's all get fixed at the same time?

Take a look at the headers in the emails and check where the delays took place. It "looks like" the delays were between two of Groundspeaks servers and may not have had anything to do with our ISP's. Below is a message header from one of mine. Note the time received for hal@Groundspeak and then signal@Groundspeak. Maybe some techie who knows about this kind of stuff can explain it. There is a five day delay between the two servers.....

Return-path: <noreply@geocaching.com>

Received: from pd6mr2no.prod.shaw.ca

(pd6mr2no-qfe2.prod.shaw.ca [10.0.144.189]) by l-daemon

(Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-7.05 (built Sep 5 2006))

with ESMTP id <0JHG00E9DDY5ZQC0@l-daemon> for jangor123@shaw.ca; Thu,

03 May 2007 00:56:29 -0600 (MDT)

Received: from pd8mi4no.prod.shaw.ca ([10.0.149.147])

by pd6mr2no.prod.shaw.ca (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-7.05 (built Sep

5 2006)) with ESMTP id <0JHG00EL1DXPTDE0@pd6mr2no.prod.shaw.ca> for

jangor123@shaw.ca (ORCPT jangor123@shaw.ca); Thu,

03 May 2007 00:56:30 -0600 (MDT)

Received: from signal.Groundspeak.com ([66.150.167.157])

by l-daemon (Sun ONE Messaging Server 6.0 HotFix 1.01 (built Mar 15 2004))

with ESMTP id <0JHG00JN0DY4JQ70@l-daemon> for jangor123@shaw.ca; Thu,

03 May 2007 00:56:28 -0600 (MDT)

Received: from hal.Groundspeak.com (hal.Groundspeak.com [66.150.167.136])

by signal.Groundspeak.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 9E98E9F8A4 for

<jangor123@shaw.ca>; Wed, 02 May 2007 23:56:23 -0700 (PDT)

Received: from mail pickup service by hal.Groundspeak.com with Microsoft

SMTPSVC; Fri, 27 Apr 2007 22:24:19 -0700

Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 22:24:18 -0700

Subject: [LOG] Watchlist: blamber found Walnut Grove Finale: Our Way or the

Highway (Unknown Cache)

To: jangor123@shaw.ca

Message-id: <464801c78955$78770540$88a79642@hal>

MIME-version: 1.0

X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.607

X-Mailer: Groundspeak Mailer

Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1

Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

Content-class: urn:content-classes:message

Importance: normal

Priority: normal

Thread-topic: [LOG] Watchlist: blamber found Walnut Grove Finale: Our Way or

the Highway (Unknown Cache)

Thread-index: AceJVXh3L+Qlzzh8TvmNUlwm4nlxOg==

Original-recipient: rfc822;jangor123@shaw.ca

X-OriginalArrivalTime: 28 Apr 2007 05:24:19.0167 (UTC)

FILETIME=[7895FEF0:01C78955]

X-Spam-Flag: No

X-Spam-Level: 0/5

Groundspeak told me to give Juno two IP addresses for them to "unblock". I contacted Juno with that and it seemed to work (suddenly 54 "watchlist emails" from when this began were in my inbox.....hooray!). Hopefully it stays this way :shocked:

Us too. Had over 50 emails this morning in Juno account so thanks to those that fixed it. I am still leaving our email switched to our regular ISP. I would gather Juno will not hesitate to block again. :( Though I gather with the increase in traffic on our ISP it will happen there too. In light of that, HaLiJuSaPa, would you mind forwarding me the two ISP addresses you gave to Juno, so I have them on file when this occurs again? Thanks. :o

Here's the email from Groundspeak:

On Tue, 01 May 2007 13:57:58 -0700 "Geocaching.com General Inquiries"

<contact@geocaching.com> writes:

> Hello,

>

> I'm sorry that you aren't receiving the emails you should. There

> could

> be any number of causes for this unfortunately. Here are a couple

> things to look into...

>

> Sometimes emails from geocaching.com are filtered to a seperate

> folder

> from your main inbox.

>

> Some ISP's will blacklist geocaching.com and label us as a 'bulk

> sender.? This is true and false. While we do send emails in

> bulk,

> these filters do not distinguish between solicited and unsolicited

> bulk email. If this is the case you will need to contact your ISP

> and

> ask them to allow email from these IP addresses:

>

> 66.150.167.133

> 66.150.167.157

>

> These are the originating IPs for all mail from Geocaching.com.

>

> You might also want to consider posting your issue to our Web Site

> forum. Often times, issues like yours can be widespread so there

> may

> be others experiencing similar issues as you. Here is a direct link

>

> 'http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=8'.

>

> I hope this helps.

>

> Annie

> Groundspeak Inc

Here's what I sent Juno:

I used to get notification emails from addresses from the domain geocaching.com and since Friday I do not anymore. Their tech support seems to think that you are blocking emails from them. If so, they are not a spammer, I am legitimately getting bulk emails from them and need this changed. Please do so ASAP, thanks. Here is what Groundspeak tech support said:

(then I added the above)

Shaw.ca emails also came in late last night. Does this seem a little like a coincidence that multi ISP's all get fixed at the same time?

Take a look at the headers in the emails and check where the delays took place. It "looks like" the delays were between two of Groundspeaks servers and may not have had anything to do with our ISP's. Below is a message header from one of mine. Note the time received for hal@Groundspeak and then signal@Groundspeak. Maybe some techie who knows about this kind of stuff can explain it. There is a five day delay between the two servers.....

Return-path: <noreply@geocaching.com>

Received: from pd6mr2no.prod.shaw.ca

(pd6mr2no-qfe2.prod.shaw.ca [10.0.144.189]) by l-daemon

(Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-7.05 (built Sep 5 2006))

with ESMTP id <0JHG00E9DDY5ZQC0@l-daemon> for jangor123@shaw.ca; Thu,

03 May 2007 00:56:29 -0600 (MDT)

Received: from pd8mi4no.prod.shaw.ca ([10.0.149.147])

by pd6mr2no.prod.shaw.ca (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-7.05 (built Sep

5 2006)) with ESMTP id <0JHG00EL1DXPTDE0@pd6mr2no.prod.shaw.ca> for

jangor123@shaw.ca (ORCPT jangor123@shaw.ca); Thu,

03 May 2007 00:56:30 -0600 (MDT)

Received: from signal.Groundspeak.com ([66.150.167.157])

by l-daemon (Sun ONE Messaging Server 6.0 HotFix 1.01 (built Mar 15 2004))

with ESMTP id <0JHG00JN0DY4JQ70@l-daemon> for jangor123@shaw.ca; Thu,

03 May 2007 00:56:28 -0600 (MDT)

Received: from hal.Groundspeak.com (hal.Groundspeak.com [66.150.167.136])

by signal.Groundspeak.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 9E98E9F8A4 for

<jangor123@shaw.ca>; Wed, 02 May 2007 23:56:23 -0700 (PDT)

Received: from mail pickup service by hal.Groundspeak.com with Microsoft

SMTPSVC; Fri, 27 Apr 2007 22:24:19 -0700

Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 22:24:18 -0700

Subject: [LOG] Watchlist: blamber found Walnut Grove Finale: Our Way or the

Highway (Unknown Cache)

To: jangor123@shaw.ca

Message-id: <464801c78955$78770540$88a79642@hal>

MIME-version: 1.0

X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.607

X-Mailer: Groundspeak Mailer

Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1

Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

Content-class: urn:content-classes:message

Importance: normal

Priority: normal

Thread-topic: [LOG] Watchlist: blamber found Walnut Grove Finale: Our Way or

the Highway (Unknown Cache)

Thread-index: AceJVXh3L+Qlzzh8TvmNUlwm4nlxOg==

Original-recipient: rfc822;jangor123@shaw.ca

X-OriginalArrivalTime: 28 Apr 2007 05:24:19.0167 (UTC)

FILETIME=[7895FEF0:01C78955]

X-Spam-Flag: No

X-Spam-Level: 0/5

I think you might be right and my email to Juno may be coincidence. We had a similar problem at my job once, where emails we sent out only to certain domain names got into a "holding pattern". Turned out to be a problem with 2 of the 5 name servers at our ISP. Thanks for the input! Now I'll put my spam filter back on.

I think this issue has nothing to do with ISPs and everything to do with Groundspeak's handling of notification emails. My notifications have been going in and out for the last 2 weeks, they dissappeared again this morning. I have them set up to go to 3 different ISPs and they all go out together and then they all come back together....

I guess we have to wait for Groundspeak to want to admit they could be causing the problem.

I think this issue has nothing to do with ISPs and everything to do with Groundspeak's handling of notification emails. My notifications have been going in and out for the last 2 weeks, they dissappeared again this morning. I have them set up to go to 3 different ISPs and they all go out together and then they all come back together....

I guess we have to wait for Groundspeak to want to admit they could be causing the problem.

Hi! I responded to your own new forum piece on this as well. I am pretty convinced at this point it is Groundspeak too, but I guess we await with bated breath..... :anicute:

Interestingly, in the response by Groundspeak where I was told it had to be my ISP and what IP addresses to give them to "unblock", they also said something like "look in the forums, then you'll tell if others have the problem and they may have some answers". Well, hopefully Groundspeak also LOOKS at the forums where they can see that a multitude of ISP's are not getting notificiations.

(BTW, EVP, I know this is "off topic" though it does relate to "dealing with Groundspeak", but I must say thanks much for getting the admins to "unarchive" BFenton's Inwood Hill Park cache. We had been dying to check it out for months and I'm almost certain that yours and our find logs about that amazing park, it's caves, etc. inspired BF to put that second hide in the caves and cliffs (we had ideas for a hide in the same area but he beat us to it with one that's a bit more challenging than our idea). Maybe one day we'll finally get down to those Central Park caches and will coincidentally "bump into you").

Edited by HaLiJuSaPa

Thanks for speaking up about the notifications problems!

If my email notifications had not been working, I never would have found out about the great cahe in teh Indian caves that was placed in Inwood Park (Manhattan Island) a few weeks ago.

I can't help but feel I 'm missing something right now...