Changing my Username on Geochaching.com?

chillmama

I've already created an account and have a few caches under my belt... SO.. does anyone know HOW I can change my username on my account without having to create a whole other account and therefore lose all my progress? I just want to make MY name into my "family's" name instead. THANKS! :blink:

Edited by chillmama

I needed to change usernames so I talk to one of the ladies at Groundspeak and told her of the reason I wanted to change my username. She agreed and told me to re-log my previous finds with my new user name and to send an e-mail to change my premium membership account. My question is do I need to go back to all the caches and signed the logs again with mine new username and then re-log them on each one of the caches pages. Or what is really meant by re-logging of all my found caches?

I thought I would try here before I call back to Groundspeak to get a answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Undo54

You don't have to revisit the caches to sign the log again, you just need to log online with the new ID on the date you originally found the cache. In the new log, you could put a little note saying what you are doing just in case the cache owner ever reconciles the paper log with the online logs.