Google Earth

But it is not true!

I am trying to overlay the caches which I have done very sucessfully many times in the past. However I have been getting this message for the last month or so. "You have exceeded the allowed views for the day. Please try again tomorrow."

The first time I got it I reinstalled which gave me the v 4 which so far I don't like as much as v 3 (esp. the route feature). A few times I have been able to allow get the overlay by pulling another copy of GeocachingNetworkKML.kml on but this band aid no longer works.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Maybe cleaning out your cookies and temp files and what not. I suspect there is a file that is not clearing out when it should.

Use Spybot or some other spyware removal software to clean out your files. If you use IE, go to Tools-Internet Options and click on Delete-Cookies and Delete-Files.

I'm sure there is an easier way, but until then...

Maybe cleaning out your cookies and temp files and what not. I suspect there is a file that is not clearing out when it should.

Use Spybot or some other spyware removal software to clean out your files. If you use IE, go to Tools-Internet Options and click on Delete-Cookies and Delete-Files.

I'm sure there is an easier way, but until then...

Thanks. I take it that your response and lack of other responses confirm that it is my poor computer which is ailing and not something funky w/ google earth.

Thanks again.

I don't think so. I've been having the same problem for the last few weeks and it's driving me crazy. I'm working on a Mac. I got up extra early this morning to go out for a couple of hours of cacheing, but doesn't look like I'll be doing that today. ARRRrrgghghghghgh!

Thanks. I take it that your response and lack of other responses confirm that it is my poor computer which is ailing and not something funky w/ google earth.

Thanks again.

I don't think so. I've been having the same problem for the last few weeks and it's driving me crazy. I'm working on a Mac. I got up extra early this morning to go out for a couple of hours of cacheing, but doesn't look like I'll be doing that today. ARRRrrgghghghghgh!

Thanks again.

This has been under discussion in the Geocaching.com Forum for some time now. It appears to be a problem with GE version 4. Some have reported that going back to version 3 will solve the problem.