Which one; 60CSx or 76CSx?

Hi everyone... I'm a newbie!!! <_<

I have searched and searched this forum for some answers to this question:

Which one is better; 60CSx or 76CSx??? And it seems like its a HUGE debate... I really don't understand the difference between the two, other than the cosmetics of the unit, and the fact that the 76CSx can float! I want to buy a unit soon. Help me out!

Anyone tried the Magellan Crossover? How will that compare to the units mentioned above. Thanks in advance!!!

Hi everyone... I'm a newbie!!! <_<

I have searched and searched this forum for some answers to this question:

Which one is better; 60CSx or 76CSx??? And it seems like its a HUGE debate... I really don't understand the difference between the two, other than the cosmetics of the unit, and the fact that the 76CSx can float! I want to buy a unit soon. Help me out!

Anyone tried the Magellan Crossover? How will that compare to the units mentioned above. Thanks in advance!!!

Debate? Not really. There's not much to debate about. The operating system, user interface, and internal memory are identical. The 76 comes with a slightly larger memory card, but most people will upgrade to a 1GB or 2GB card anyway, so that's a wash. It comes down to ergonomics, and whether or not you really need a unit that floats. Go to a store that will let you handle each one, and see which one feels better.

Okay... so I'm thinking I want the 60CSx, however, how does it compare to the Magellan eXplorist XL??? Anyone have experience with this one???

These are pretty similar units. I personally don't have a problem with the Magellan, but what tipped me to the 60CSx were two things (maybe others I'll think of later).

Battery life: 60CSx take 2, Magellan takes 4 and they both advertise about 18 hours

Customer support: No comes close to Garmin at this point

Edited by egami