Can I do this

quilts2b

I want to just change my user name to a Team. Since we usually go out as a famlily I thought it would be nice to change my user name to a Team so I don't have to write all the names down.

I could just write the team name on the log but still keep my same user name but I don't know if that would be okay.

Help please.

I want to just change my user name to a Team. Since we usually go out as a famlily I thought it would be nice to change my user name to a Team so I don't have to write all the names down.

I could just write the team name on the log but still keep my same user name but I don't know if that would be okay.

Help please.

No. It is no longer possible to change your user name. You could create a new account and relog everything and request the Premium Membership be transfered.

You certainly could sign logs as "Team XYZ logging under quilts2b account". No harm done. A little tougher to get all that in on a nano log though.

Think about it carefully before you make any drastic moves. It's fine for every member of the group to have their own caching name (or at least the ones that are old enough to do their own logging). And there may come a time when you, your spouse or another member of the family will be somewhere without the entire group and will still want to log their find. If you have kids, there will come a time when they will want their own accounts--and then they'll have to either go back through all the family logs and relogg the caches or start out with brand new accounts even though they've been caching for years.

You can just treat your single account like a group account. We usually cache together and sign the log as Team Neos, but we each log on our own accounts (Neos 1 and Neos2). When our son caches with us, we just add in the log that he was there (Team Neos & son) and make sure we mention he was with us in one of our online logs in case he does decide he wants his own account. I do the same thing when I take a non-caching guest with me, so they can backlog the cache when they set up an account and the cache owner will know they were there.

Going along with what Cardinal Red said: You will have to create a new account to change your user name

Going along with what Team Nenos said: I agree that you should think about it before you do something that you would regret.

Now adding a little bit of my $.02: If you were to create a new account, and relog the caches that you have already found...then you should do it before going on many more cache runs. Because right now you only have to relog 180 caches. If you were to do any more, then that is more work for you.

Also, you can adopt the caches that you own over to your new account (granted that is the direction that you decide to go) via the Geocaching Adoption Page

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.