User rating on individual caches

TheTenaciousTwo

I was wondering if there was a way for users to define an average rating for a cache. Already there is a rating the owner gives the cache. But, since the skill levels of each geocacher varies it might be better to let each geocacher to offer a rating on the cache and have an average rating.

Just an idea.

Peter from TheTenaciousTwo :rolleyes:

I was wondering if there was a way for users to define an average rating for a cache. Already there is a rating the owner gives the cache. But, since the skill levels of each geocacher varies it might be better to let each geocacher to offer a rating on the cache and have an average rating.

Just an idea.

Peter from TheTenaciousTwo :anicute:

The Geocaching Australia website has already done this for Aussie caches.. but only viewable via their site not CG

Just an idea.

Peter from TheTenaciousTwo :anicute:

It's a good idea for people to mention in the cache page how long the hike is and how much vertical gain there is. Then you could better gauge it for yourself. :anicute: Edited by TrailGators

When i first began i thought it would make more sense to have the finders rate each cache and then use an average of what people rated it. I still think its an interesting idea, but there are so many other things to work on. After all, for the most part, this is a free site.

I still think its an interesting idea, but there are so many other things to work on. After all, for the most part, this is a free site.
This is true. I still think a newbie would rate an LPC a 3 for difficulty and after finding a few more would rate it a 1. So I think the ratings should be based on what experienced cachers would rate it. We all become experienced fairly quickly so this works out better in the long run for everyone. Edited by TrailGators
This is true. I still think a newbie would rate an LPC a 3 for difficulty and after finding a few more would rate it a 1. So I think the ratings should be based on what experienced cachers would rate it. We all become experienced fairly quickly so this works out better in the long run for everyone.

What a great point! I wish i was smart enough to figure the math to account for this. Similar math could be used to figure out about how experienced a cacher is. Like how do 1,000 1/1 LPC's compare to 25 5/5 caches? I should have been a mathematician... :anicute:

Just an idea.

Peter from TheTenaciousTwo :P

It's a good idea for people to mention in the cache page how long the hike is and how much vertical gain there is. Then you could better gauge it for yourself. :P

I agree it would be terrific just to know the length of the hike. I for one am not interested in any cache that does not involve a hike and some exercise.

Edited by slalomski