Caches Along A Route - Problem

Has anyone else had any problems with caches along a route?

I've just created a couple, one of which worked fine, the other didn't. The one that didn't work was 374 miles long with 327 waypoints and ran along the north cornwall coast and beyond. When I imported it and checked the preview, all was fine. However, after running a pocket query, the route now wanders off into mid wales and is now 372.26 miles long with only 281 waypoints! :)

I have also looked at the "Latest Routes" section and noticed that at least one of the "Random Route of the Moment" also appears to go way off track.

Is anyone else having similar problems? Or do any of the reviewers know if there are any problems or issues?

Cheers :)

To clarify my problem:-

When I go to the "Upload GPX / KML" tab and upload a GPX file of my route, there is a preview link which brings up a small map image of my route. When I click it I get this CORRECT route:-

Correctroute.jpg

However, afterwards when I go to the "Your Created Routes" tabs and click on the route link, it brings up a slightly larger map with this INCORRECT image:-

Incorrectroute.jpg

Has anyone else had this problem or know what might be wrong?

Cheers :)

Has anyone else had this problem or know what might be wrong?

Well, I just went to look at my created routes and one of them has gone really crazy just like yours, mine has a big westerly jump, where yours has a Northerly one.

I then thought I'd see how it looks in google earth and clicked Create KML of Route and got an unhandled exception error.

So you're not alone, but I'm afraid I can't be any more help than that. :)

Edited to add ....

There's a thread on the "Geocaching.com web site" forum

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=163898

See post #8

Edited by Team Sieni

Thanks for the replies and the link guys. :lol:

I've posted in the thread that "Team Sieni" linked to and I'll keep an eye on that thread as well. If I hear anything I'll post back here. In the meantime, if anyone else knows of a solution or is having a similar problem then please post either here or in this thread. :blink: