Cointest!

AtwellFamily

Will either upgrade the finish of your design (gold, silver, copper or black nickel) or provide you with 4 coin set of the Climbing & Caching Carabiner (see at my site).

I am looking for a new design for the back of the GeoTags. It does not need to say GeoTag on it but it does need "trackable at geocaching.com/track" and a place for the tracking number on raised metal. It also can only have 1 color on the back. Can be any color but is limited to 1. Sorry anymore drives the cost up on the coins.

The rest is design choice. Myself and the four kids will be the primary judges in this cointest which will end on June 29th, 2007 at 10pm EST. Good luck.!!!

Is this design going to replace a version 1 design? What is on the other side of the tag? Is this a personal project for you, or a general background for anyone? Can we see pictures of what the tags look like now? Thanks!

Edit: I just saw the other thread that has pics of some fronts and the old back.

Edited by tadpole379

Will it possible to reorder out origional front designs with the new back?

Original people will have the option of the old or new back.

Other answer, the back is what I would like a design for. To replace the generic back on the right in this picture. It is used on all the geotags.

geotag1.jpg

Edited by Atwell Family

Oooohhh! I like Scott's idea with the globe on it. After all geocaching and tags are all over the word. Would like to see a version with the writing on the outside border.

How about a bit of both?

newback3.jpg

black is raised metal, grey is recessed and blue is the single color

Are contest sponsors and their families allowed to enter? <_<

Oooohhh! I like Scott's idea with the globe on it. After all geocaching and tags are all over the word. Would like to see a version with the writing on the outside border.

How about a bit of both?

newback3.jpg

black is raised metal, grey is recessed and blue is the single color

Are contest sponsors and their families allowed to enter? <_<

I have a better chance of winning that way? :( You will get credit if we use a combined design. Trust me, I am a generous guy, just ask around.

I remember as a kid that we had rules to "tag." What about something like "no touch-backs and no reversies" on the outer edge along with the "trackable at geocaching.com," then leave the globe in the center and have it say "you have been GeoTagged!" Or maybe even "GeoTag! You're it!"

Here is my geotag art

geotagcopy.jpg

I personally like this design with the globe from the previous designs in the middle...

One thought though - should it retain the name Geotag on it? I know the name caused a bit of controversy in the forums regarding whether or not these were regular geocoins. It doesn't matter much to me - just a thought.

Edited by Red Otter

Here is my geotag art

geotagcopy.jpg

I personally like this design with the globe from the previous designs in the middle...

One thought though - should it retain the name Geotag on it? I know the name caused a bit of controversy in the forums regarding whether or not these were regular geocoins. It doesn't matter much to me - just a thought.

ditto - the globe inside (blue enamel - PMS 299) and tadpole's outer rim

I am glad to see that the back is being addressed and am excited to see what the new coin back looks like. Nothing wrong with the old design though, just get a more polished appearance <_< I need more GeoTags but will wait to see what shakes out of this before I decide to order.

Will either upgrade the finish of your design (gold, silver, copper or black nickel)

Is BN going to be offered on reorders? If so what is the added expense.

the way i understand it, is black nickel costs the same as nickel and gold finish to make, so i wouldn't understand the price going up to have black nickel coins made.

I am glad to see that the back is being addressed and am excited to see what the new coin back looks like. Nothing wrong with the old design though, just get a more polished appearance <_< I need more GeoTags but will wait to see what shakes out of this before I decide to order.

The polished effect shoud be better. Learning from first time using iron. Is should be almost mirror like on the next batch, added polishing step in the molding process. Less profit, better product.

Will either upgrade the finish of your design (gold, silver, copper or black nickel)

Is BN going to be offered on reorders? If so what is the added expense.

I'll ask the mint, but still trying to keep this simple.

I. of course, would love to do mine and probably Strider, too, in Copper - antiqued if possible. But Right now funds are extremely limited so the point is moot... <_<

BTW: I like Byrnt Fish's spiral design too! Y'all are making this hard... :(

CF30

I remember as a kid that we had rules to "tag." What about something like "no touch-backs and no reversies" on the outer edge along with the "trackable at geocaching.com," then leave the globe in the center and have it say "you have been GeoTagged!" Or maybe even "GeoTag! You're it!"

Haha. I thought of doing that before I even saw this post and actually made a design on it. Well great minds think alike <_< .

Anyway here's my design:

geotag-1.gif

I might make a different one a little later, but for now please tell me what you think about it.

Edited by dimkasmir

Everyone should remember that there is very little contrast between raised and recessed metal on these designs, especially if the finish is improved and they are highly polished. Sure, you can draw dark gray text over light gray background, but the only difference between the two in the final coin will be the elevation of the metal.

Look at circle text on the tag in the lower right corner:

geotag2.jpg

For this reason, I suggest strongly that the text on the back side be either filled with enamel (text is enamel color) or surrounded by enamel (text is metal color).

0619071444.jpg

I hope you like this as much as me! It is a mini signal!!! Pick the one color I don't care which! My artwork is not the best so you can move the wording around!

I actually like the idea of a mini-signal... He just needs an small antenna -- an antenna-nub, so to speak.

0619071444.jpg

I hope you like this as much as me! It is a mini signal!!! Pick the one color I don't care which! My artwork is not the best so you can move the wording around!

I actually like the idea of a mini-signal... He just needs an small antenna -- an antenna-nub, so to speak.

Yeah I agree but I don't have the computer ability!!

I do not know but it may need something to fill in the white areas

Well, actually, the design will have to be converted to a single color fill as well. The idea for the GeoTag back was to keep cost down, so there is only one epoxy color allowed in the design. There is the option of raised vs recessed metal to a little bit of extra variation.