Geocaches (Mine) in My Account tab

trainlove

I think it would be a good idea to display, right next to the date of the last Find, any dates of notes or dnf's or other choices if one has occurred after the last find. If the last note of any kind is a Find then there will be no need to put an additional date next to it.

But if the last find was 3 weeks ago and several people have re-visited the cache to log a yellow jeep or geocoin or travel bug that has clue information to a puzzle cache, there would be no way to notice the activity without opening the cache pages (possibly many) or reading your [Log] emails (possibly very many).

At a glance this would help to avoid having to read all email in a filtered folder for [Log].

I only have a few caches but for those with many caches this is a definate improvement and time saver.

Are you saying that you DO NOT (normally) read each and every cache log email sent to you??

Cache log emils, never. I filter those into a separate folder that I occasionally look at. I will actually go to my caches to read the log.

If I'm on the geocaching.com web site and have not checked my email for a while then this suggestion can be useful to show that there has been SOME activity at one of your caches (not just a Find)

I know cachers with hundreds of caches who I know NEVER read any of their emails. I hope they go to each of their cache pages occasionally but if the date of ANY log would be shown on the Mine page that would really help them out.

All other geocaching.com emails, yes I always read except sometimes the weekly updates and sometimes the notifications.

I think it would be preferable to have some ability to not need to log into geocaching.com and into ones email dozensof times a day.

BTW - I long ago proposed that there be two dates - last find and last log with type. So I am with you there.

I just can't understand why anybody would go through the trouble of setting up a cache and then not care enough to read folks logs. Glad to know that you at least visit the listing page to see them. Many do not do either.

What's even more of a problem for me is that before I set up the email filters I would sometimes delete the log emails.

Since then, someone, who visited one of my caches, deleted his log and I can't ever get to that log even though I know ALL logs exist 'forever' in the system. I have no idea why he deleted his log, it's not as if he changed his username the HARD (and only) way.

Gee, if only I could remember that thousand bit GUID code.

I really look forward to the log emails for my caches. I would never think of filtering them out of my InBox. Admittedly, my caches don't get found that often . . . but even if they did, I would still want to look at all the emails generated by a log to one of my caches.

I really look forward to the log emails for my caches. I would never think of filtering them out of my InBox. Admittedly, my caches don't get found that often . . . but even if they did, I would still want to look at all the emails generated by a log to one of my caches.
I'm the same way. :angry:

BTW - I long ago proposed that there be two dates - last find and last log with type. So I am with you there.

This has sort of gotten off topic.

The topic was a feature request for the Geocaches (Mine) tab of the My Accounts link.

Its good that StarBrand has also asked for this feature, I'm sure more people would also like it.

Cache log emils, never. I filter those into a separate folder that I occasionally look at. I will actually go to my caches to read the log.

Keep in mind that people do not write their best at the cache site. It is hard to be creative while being pestered by stinging insects, freezing cold temperatures, ... insert your example of why you just left your caching name and date in the actual log.

Now, the real creativity starts when you get home, in the comfort of your favorite chair, with a cup of coffee or a beer in your hand. So, I would suggest that you actually read those on-line cache log emails or go through your cache pages often to not miss my creative logs!!!!

I agree with your suggestion or..... that the last found date should be, more appropriately, date of last log. That way, DNFs and notes can be more readily seen by those people that are just scanning the "nearby geocaches" for recent activity.

Now go back and read those logs. :laughing: