Placing a cache at a nudist resort

Hello, I live full-time at a nudist resort, and there are several other residents here who are also into geocaching. We were discussing the other day the lack of caches in and around the various nudist venues. About the only thread I could find on the topic is one that is years old, and now closed.

Why is it wrong to place a cache on or near a nudist facility? Please do not use the argument that one person (rgknowlton) tried to use:

No, it is not appropriate. Children make up a lion's share of geocachers and they don't need to be corrupted any sooner than necessary. Plus, most adults will likely not appreciate the surpise either.

Nudism IS a family friendly activitly we have families living not only at this resort but others not only around the USA but around the world as well. We also have families with children of all ages visiting the various resorts at different times of the year.

Also as someone in that thread pointed out, not all non-nudist areas are easily acceasable to/by children. Does that mean that a cache can't be placed there?

Sally

Personally I'd be more concerned as to where you kept your trade items.

:D:D

I dont see a problem with it. Any cache there is better than no cache at all IMO.

Would you have to be nude to find the cache? It seems like that would be uncomfortable depending on the location. Could anyone come find this cache?

Do nudists where shoes?

This seems to be an interesting and valid thread.

I as others have no issue with this either.

That said, I'd probably have to do it at night! :D

Seriously though, I think it would/should/could be perfectly valid with adequate warnings. My bigger concern would be people who go for the cache in this environment, without adhering to the rules of the area. Therefore causing some possible discomfort/concern for the residents!

The only problem that I foresee (with proper warning) is whether the cache is available to all. Most nudist resorts tend to be rather reclusive. I. E. Not available to the general public. If anyone with (or without) a GPS is welcomed, then, with proper warning to those who might take offense, I see no problem.

The reviewer will ask if there is a charge to get into the area. Also, the owners/mangers will have to consent to having a cache in the common/public area. Please don't put in a lamp post skirt cache with laughter coming from the darkness.

Make sure you have several pens/pencils in the cache. You could put in a pair of boxers (XL) and a safety pin for the FTF prize. :o

The reviewer will ask if there is a charge to get into the area.

Is this not allowed?

If it is private, then no. Public lands (like state parks) and non profits are usually OK.

I agree with most of what was said here. If the owners are OK with it and the patrons don't mind

clothed people wandering around with a GPS, it should be OK as long as there are no surprises (meaning that

it should be mentioned on the page).

I had found the fore mentioned Naked Truth cache. It's different however because it is state land that just happens to be popular with nudists. It is not a private nudist colony.

Edited by briansnat

The reviewer will ask if there is a charge to get into the area.

Is this not allowed?

If it is private, then no. Public lands (like state parks) and non profits are usually OK.

I agree with most of what was said here. If the owners are OK with it and the patrons don't mind

clothed people wandering around with a GPS, it should be OK as long as there are no surprises (meaning that

it should be mentioned on the page).

I had found the fore mentioned Naked Truth cache. It's different however because it is state land that just happens to be popular with nudists. It is not a private nudist colony.

Ditto that. However I have no issue of the nudity isn't mentioned on the cache page. It would be a courtesy. However if that's the tradition then that tradition exists with or without the cache.

I don't think it would bother me all that much, as long as I didn't have to join in. I think the signs and proper info on the cache page would be adequate.

We had a local cache called here in Spokane, WA at one time that was hidden near a known nudist beach. I never saw any problems with it and to this day I dont think anyone has had a problem with it.

It could be perceived as a commercial cache. If it only has one entrance, and charges for locker rental, camping and lodging it probably would be considered commercial. If there is no fence and the signs just inform that you are entering a "nudist zone" and are not "no trespassing " signs It will probably pass. :o

...Nudism IS a family friendly activitly we have families living not only at this resort but others not only around the USA but around the world as well. We also have families with children of all ages visiting the various resorts at different times of the year....

Since you brought it up. Nudity is perfectlty fine in and of itself. It is not howerver an activity. When it becomes one, it takes on a meaning that makes it more than it is, and more than it should be. I was born naked and could have cared less. Real nudism is exactly that and nothing more. When you care, it's no longer natural.

...Nudism IS a family friendly activitly we have families living not only at this resort but others not only around the USA but around the world as well. We also have families with children of all ages visiting the various resorts at different times of the year....
Since you brought it up. Nudity is perfectly fine in and of itself. It is not however an activity. When it becomes one, it takes on a meaning that makes it more than it is, and more than it should be. I was born naked and could have cared less. Real nudism is exactly that and nothing more. When you care, it's no longer natural.
I still can't get past the family thing, that seems way too weird to me.

Does that mean that a cache can't be placed there?

Sally

Place a cache wherever you want......we're all subject to review.

WayFinders,

I want to thank you for proving my friends right. They all said that if I posted asking about placing a cache on or near a nudist facility or venue that someone would end up making a wise assed remark like yours.

Since you brought it up. Nudity is perfectlty fine in and of itself. It is not howerver an activity. When it becomes one, it takes on a meaning that makes it more than it is, and more than it should be. I was born naked and could have cared less. Real nudism is exactly that and nothing more. When you care, it's no longer natural.

nudity isn't actually the activity. the activities are the same stuff that people in general like.

i like to wear black clothing; i am permitted to do so in almost every venue, and i can go about my business wearing black clothing without being hassled. in most places even where nudity is not illegal, it is discouraged. that's why there are nudist resorts. people go about their regular lives with or without as much clothing as they like.

me, i am not a nudist. i don't care if a cache is at a nudist place. as others have mentioned, it's important to put appropriate warnings on the cache page AND it's also important that the location be open to the public.

nudity isn't actually the activity. the activities are the same stuff that people in general like.

i like to wear black clothing; i am permitted to do so in almost every venue, and i can go about my business wearing black clothing without being hassled. in most places even where nudity is not illegal, it is discouraged. that's why there are nudist resorts. people go about their regular lives with or without as much clothing as they like.

me, i am not a nudist. i don't care if a cache is at a nudist place. as others have mentioned, it's important to put appropriate warnings on the cache page AND it's also important that the location be open to the public.

o my god that is not were a cache needs to be

<_<:o

I dont see a problem with it. Any cache there is better than no cache at all IMO.

Would you have to be nude to find the cache? It seems like that would be uncomfortable depending on the location. Could anyone come find this cache?

Do nudists where shoes?

This seems to be an interesting and valid thread.

Thank you, that's our opinion as well. I/we were thinking of putting in things that would be of use to someone at a nudist resort, such as sun screen, inexpensive sun glasses, flip-flops. And of course some toys for the kiddies.

That would depend on the rules of resort or club. As most clubs/resorts do allow first time visitors to "bare as they dare."

Yes, as long as they're willing to pay the grounds fees. Which really are no more then the fees for most textile resorts or parks.

Some do and some don't it's a personal choice. I usually don't

Sally

My personal opinion is that as long as it is adequately disclosed, a "nude cache" would be fine. For folks who don't go for that type of thing they can just put it on the ignore list. And for the rest? Bring extra sunscreen...

Thank you for your open mindness.

I as others have no issue with this either.

That said, I'd probably have to do it at night! :o

Seriously though, I think it would/should/could be perfectly valid with adequate warnings. My bigger concern would be people who go for the cache in this environment, without adhering to the rules of the area. Therefore causing some possible discomfort/concern for the residents!

Nudists as a group generally are a tad more open minded then most textiles. As well as most clubs/resorts allow first time visitors to "bare as they dare."

Yes, as long as they're willing to pay the grounds fees. Which really are no more then the fees for most textile resorts or parks.

If it is not a public park, my understanding is a cache wouldn't be allowed where there is a fee. Caches are not allowed in private resorts or parks with a fee, clothes or not.

The only problem that I foresee (with proper warning) is whether the cache is available to all. Most nudist resorts tend to be rather reclusive. I. E. Not available to the general public. If anyone with (or without) a GPS is welcomed, then, with proper warning to those who might take offense, I see no problem.

True, a good deal of the resorts/clubs are "private," but most do allow anyone from the "general public" who is willing to pay the grounds fees, and go through a brief tour, or orientation to visit and enjoy the grounds.

We're not the xenophobes that it seems most textiles are.

Sally

The reviewer will ask if there is a charge to get into the area. Also, the owners/mangers will have to consent to having a cache in the common/public area. Please don't put in a lamp post skirt cache with laughter coming from the darkness.

Make sure you have several pens/pencils in the cache. You could put in a pair of boxers (XL) and a safety pin for the FTF prize. :o

Yes, most do require that one pay a grounds fee, but it's no different then the fees charged by textile venues.

Yes, most do require that one pay a grounds fee, but it's no different then the fees charged by textile venues.

Again, if the "textile" resort charges a fee, the cache would not be allowed. Unless it is a public, meaning government owned, park.

o my god that is not were a cache needs to be

I'm sorry you feel that way, but IT is a typical textile narrow and close minded response. Nudists are no different then you textiles. We just choose to do the same activities that you do in the nude.

There are entire families that have grown up for generations as nudists. And I remember reading somewhere once that children who grow up in a nudist environment are actually healthier and more open minded, and less prone to falling into the "perfect body" mindset.

Before you go comdeming a way a life that you obviously know nothing about, I strongly suggest that you do some research.

Sally

Sally

WayFinders,

I want to thank you for proving my friends right. They all said that if I posted asking about placing a cache on or near a nudist facility or venue that someone would end up making a wise assed remark like yours.

Lighten up Sally. First of all, I said put it wherever you want. Secondly just because I added some humor doesn't make me a wise a**. You've got zero finds on your profile and your first post in the forums is about a nudist colony. How serious do you think I'm actually going to take you?

There are caches in parks and places that require a fee. Just warn people in advance.

I don't get the negative connection between kids and nudity. A child is not born knowing shame for his body. A child seeing a nude body is not going to immediately think of sex.

I hope nobody sits on the box while logging his/her find.

There are caches in parks and places that require a fee. Just warn people in advance.

I don't get the negative connection between kids and nudity. A child is not born knowing shame for his body. A child seeing a nude body is not going to immediately think of sex.

if you are going to place it at a nudest resort then don't post the cache on geocaching.com

nobody wants to go see nude people that is just rude.

That would be just as bad as placing a cache in a stripping club this idea is not appreate to be posting on geocaching.com

Edited by charmd_one

Sally

WayFinders,

Ahh forum angst... :o

As for the OP,simple.

Place cache,rate terrain and difficulty of cache,place proper warning on cache page,submit,answer any questions by the reviewer honestly,and publish cache.

Next question...

Micro or ammo can?What to hide...and where?Trail?Lake side picnic area?

if you are going to place it at a nudest resort then don't post the cache on geocaching.com

That would be just as bad as placing a cache in a stripping club this idea is not appreate to be posting on geocaching.com

don't post the cache on geocaching.com
The problem with getting it post on geocaching.com is if the resort charges a fee the cache will not get posted anyway. If there is no fee I do not see a problem, just make the difficulty a 4 or 5.

stripping club this idea is not appreate to be posting on geocaching.com

Give me a break.A Stripping club and a Nudist resort is like comparing apples to oranges, they are in no way the same type of location. A strip club is there for sexual stimulation, a nudist resort is not.

The problem with getting it post on geocaching.com is if the resort charges a fee the cache will not get posted anyway. If there is no fee I do not see a problem, just make the difficulty a 4 or 5.

Give me a break.A Stripping club and a Nudist resort is like comparing apples to oranges, they are in no way the same type of location. A strip club is there for sexual stimulation, a nudist resort is not.

hey there are parents who take their little kids geocaching and i don't think they would be happy with this one

hey there are parents who take their little kids geocaching and i don't think they would be happy with this one

That's why if sexy sally here lists that before hand it's all good.

I totally disagree. That would be like placing a cache underwater and saying that no one wants to get wet. Or placing a cache on a mountain and saying no one wants to climb. I could go on, but you get my point.

Like i said before. In most instances having a cache available is better than no cache at all. It may not be for you, but others may want to find it.

There is a huge difference between a strip club and nude people. If people at a nudist resort looked like i imagine girls do at a strip club then there would be a nudist resort on every corner. You are getting the two mixed up.

I fail to see your point. They may not be happy with caches that they need to use scuba to get to either because they cant take their kids. Does that mean that a cache shouldn't be placed because someone with kids cant/wont get it?

From what i see though, the majority of people that cache don't have or take kids with them.

My sister-in-law lives in Land O' Lakes, Florida. Land O' Lakes is to nudism as the Vatican is to Catholicism with more nudist resorts than any other county in America. We visit my in-laws every summer and I spend a lot of time caching while in the area (my in-laws are not nudists by the way...). Last year someone placed a cache right outside the wall of Paradise Lakes which is a large nudist resort down there. The cache, Cache au Naturale, is now archived since the palm tree it was on was cut down. But it was an easy park & grab with no worry about having to air one's naughty bits. It may have looked like I was lurking about, hoping to see over the wall, but other than that it was a pretty "normal" caching experience. In my log I said something to the effect that they should have placed the cache 20 feet to the west! :o

I'll be down there in August - if you plant them I will cache...